Monday, April 20, 2009

Coming Home

It has been 2 days since I left Malaysia. It was great to be able to go home and see familiar places and faces again. I satisfied all my cravings for the local food there and I've manage to gain 5 kilos in less than 2 weeks! What I didn't miss was the weather. It was so humid there it bordered on torture. I guess I've gotten so used to the weather here that the Malaysian humidity was a shock to my systems.
It was great to be able to catch up with my friends and family and it was really exciting to meet my brand new nephew Imran. He is truly precious. Had to teach my lil sis a thing or two on taking care of a baby and by the looks of it, she's going to be fine on her own. I found it hilarious that her baby and her shared one particular trait-both of them aren't too keen on bathing!lol
If I had to summarize my trip, I'd probably describe it as an eating frenzy. I ate and ate and ate some more. Who could imagine that the chance to buy banana fritters by the roadside could be such an exciting task. I only ate at home once and that was because I was craving for my mom's specialty fish dish. It was magnificent. I feasted on char koay teow (which is my favourite #1 dish) almost everyday together with either iced milo or iced milk tea. ( gosh no wonder I've piled up the pounds..)
I was like some crazy tourist snapping up pictures of all the food that I was about to devour. Unfortunately, either Mika or Sarah had accidently deleted some of it much to my dismay. We ate out everyday but the prices of food is malaysia is so low in comparison to Abu Dhabi that in all, I think we had spent only about RM500 or less on eating out throughout the entire duration of our stay. That would be the amount that we would normally pay for eating out twice or thrice in Abu Dhabi.
I felt so reluctant to go back to Abu Dhabi as the time drew nearer but I didn't have much of a choice. My kids enjoyed their trip back as well but Sarah was also looking forward to returning to Abu Dhabi because she was starting to miss her friends.
So on the day of my departure I bid tearful farewells to those near and dear to me and said my goodbyes.
Once we stepped into Abu Dhabi, my first thought was, "Gosh it's good to be finally home" and felt comfortable and at ease almost at once. I guess I had made the transition after all and although I've really enjoyed myself in malaysia, Abu Dhabi is now my home away from home. Its good to be home. :)

Hanging out with my hommies~BFF minus one

Yummy Cuppies!

Es Teller...yummm...

Sweet Imran

Mika enjoying iced milo

Char Koay Teow...my favourite...mmmm

Butter prawn..

Sweet & Sour crab

I love durian!

Belachan Fried Rice

Curry Mee

Nana's grandkids

No comments: