Monday, October 09, 2006

My Latest Happenings

My life seems so hectic these days. I'm just so tied up with caring for my family and the mundane task of running the household that I find myself with no time to spare for leisure. I miss blogging and blog hopping. Even checking emails are something I can't afford to do. Last I checked, I've over 600 unread emails. And they dare say that house wives have it easy. I'm stealing some of my sleep time right now to write this entry. My biological clock has gone totally haywire.

Anyway, just like to report about some latest happenings in my life. We've just purchased a house. Although I was eyeing a semi-d or a corner terrace house, hubby has decided that we should just settle for this particular house that we've purchased. It's a 26 x 80 end lot terrace house with 9ft of extra land. It's being developed by a reputable developer and although the location isn't exactly what I had in mind, it's closer to the airport but still 20 minutes away from town. Well, it's better than some unknown part of the world like Nilai or Bagan Lalang. It's a really nice residential area bordering USJ and Puchong. And the layout design is just superb. As the brochure says, it's a house for life. Hubby's very excited with his purchase and although I'm quite happy about the house, it saddens me a little to see our savings dwindling down to almost nothing because of this purchase. Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen same day...now back at square one in the savings department again. So, I'm happy to say that I'm definitely on my way of becoming a typical suburban house wife. Wonder if I'd be able to get a gorgeous gardener to do my lawn. Lol.

There has also been positive development in the weight department. I've successfully managed to squeeze into my favourite Dorothy Perkin's jeans. It's still a little tight but at least I could buckle and zip it up nicely. I even wore it out the whole day today without collapsing from shortness of breath. Yay. Tried it on a few month ago and it was a losing battle for me in trying to get it past my thighs. Lol. Still feeling a little apprehensive about trying my low cut MNG jeans due to my love handles. I'd probably give it a couple more month before I attempt getting into that one. I'm taking little baby steps in my weight loss program. Lol.

I've been considering about going back to school. Although my background is MassComm, I'm thinking about venturing into a whole new area. After having the children, I no longer feel inclined towards PR. My priorities have changed and am looking into taking up a Diploma in Early Childhood Education. I've always wanted to go into teaching but somehow, things just didn't turn out that way. I'm seriously considering to do it after Mika turns one. Hubby is being very supportive about this recent development and I'm quite excited by the whole idea. Although I've sort of made my mind about where to do it, I'm still keeping my option open and looking around about other part time courses offered by various local universities and private colleges. God knows where I'll be able to fit it in between my already hectic schedule, but where's there's a will, there's a way. :)

Beside the lack of breathing space and always falling asleep even before my head hits the pillow, everything else is going on smoothly. I can't wait till everything goes back to normal but after 2 kids, I've discovered I haven't a clue to what normal means. Lol.

18 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Its good to have this update from you.

Fairul said...

between USJ and Puchong? near to Elite highway izzit? hhm..mcm tau je kat mane tuh..
wah..typical suburban wife ..bleh u jadi mcm Gabrielle solis of Desperate housewives, jog sambil dengar ipod..cool nyer..haha :P
anyway, congrats on the new purchase..corner lot..sure lots of gardening to do..:)

mama23beas said...

Nice to her so much positive things in a post...I mean, besides the lack of sleep;)

Unknown said...

new hse? wow! whr is the exact location? u know wht i always dream tht i can work fm home. i don't know when it will happen.

Yatie Tajudin said...

Wah..!! Congrats on the new house purchase. Ya it's sad to see all that money you've been saving getting lower and lower but that's what they are for right.
Well done on the weight dept. Wish I could wear my old jeans... it's been 4 years *sigh*

Mommy at Home said...

congratulations on both the new home and fitting into your DP jeans. Yayyy you! Gosh, I wonder how it's like being Victoria Beckham...being able to fit back into skinny, skinny jeans after 6-weeks? She's crazy, methinks. :)

Raf said...

congrats...

- for fin reading 600 unread mails
- on d new hse
- on the jeans achievement

...yeahh!!!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Congrates about the new house, it's a worthy investment :) Glad to see your updates after another long silence. I certainly support you on continuing with your study, salute you for your ambition. My brain has gone haywire after the arrival of 2 monkeys, so no more studying for me :( Good luck to weight loss *envy envy* and all.

kaezrin said...

wahh new hosue...fit into favourite jeans..its all great yeay for u..ehh mcm dekat2 ahjer ngan rumah I nanti...tp mine os more like ulu puchong and cyber ara..but kalau kuar highway sikit buleh nampak USJ sume...whatever apa i merepek nkh...

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Putra Height...?
600 unread email..? huh....!

Nana said...

have fun decorating the new house! am sure u'll definitely enjoy it! (but also know that it will mean a whole lotta $$ is gonna fly out the window!)

and i salute u for wanting to continue ur studies! my brain sudah tepu. heheh..

rafiqaheliza said...

Congrats on your new house...and new weight development! Well at least your savings goes to somethg that appreciates in value i.e. property. And intention to study? Salute you! Errr..try montessori?

Unknown said...

get the gardener!! get the gardener!! hehhehhe.... then u can snappy snappy photo of him kat ur blog ke..ok gak,kan?? :) semoga happy di rumah baru dan semoga tak terlalu hectic sgt lepas ni...pengorbanan seorang ibu & isteri...sooo much!

Amiene Rev said...

wow, nice to hear what you said. this blog contain so many thing in english. you wrote in good english
you are so nice
so powerful
so overwhelming with love... that everybody can share your love

you are very good person

LindaMunshi said...

MG, thanks :)

payrol, dah tau shh shh....hehehe

mama22beas, have I previous posts been that much of downer? lol

halogamora, baru beli...not completed yet. If I had the power in me, I'll make sure every single doting mom gets to work from home especially you. Hope ur wish will come true :)

yatie, don't worry bout the jeans...where there's a will, there's a way! :)

mommy at home, victoria beckham isn't human, I'm not even sure if she's real! lol ;)

raf, thank you...thank you...btw, 600 mails tu still pending to be read :D

immomsdaughter, tx 4 the support. Really hoping that the study thing works out.

kaezrin, if that's so...we'll be practically neighbours! Sort of lah...lol

bp, which part of that don't you understand? hehehe

nana, the hse x siap lagilah...but I've got the whole deco figured out up here in my head...just need to find the $$$ to achieve that concept of mine...a lot of $$$...ish, berangan saja saya hehehe

rafiqah, montessori might be a later plan...wanna do my diploma in early childhood dulu...kira kengkonon nak all rounderlah ni...hehehe

lee, got any brad pitt meets johnny depp lookalike who is a whiz at gardening that u could recommend? If so...tell him that I'm veeeeerrry interested LOL

amiene, thank you 4 such a wonderful compliment. Doubt that I deserve such a big compliment but thank you all the same :)

zaida Ismail said...

Ada open house ka??? Hehehehe

Anonymous said...

WHY ARE U SARAH's MUMMY... little MIKA how ?:)

Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin sis... and pls-pls-pls... this raya takyah salam cium tangan, u know i love u and vice versa.. thats just adat... uv no bad whtevr in my books & vv :D

xoxox

allthingspurple said...

atta girl on the jeans. Me, still 5 kg shy.

new house? sounds like fun (and sounds like hard work is looming too)

advancement in life, cool decision, go for it! Bet you are wonderful with kids, the warm, funny and outgoing person you are

love your little sister. sure sound a lot like my little sis with her "how about ashley" LOL