Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mika's Seperation Anxiety Phase.

Mika has turned 7 month. He is currently going thru a seperation anxiety stage. I can't leave a room without him screaming his lungs out. I truly had forgotten about this phase in raising a baby.

I'm currently blogging at an ungodly hour. Just had my sahur and since he's fast asleep, tooked advantage of the time to blog. Gosh its been so long. Quite difficult for me these days to find some personal time for myself.

Mika can't stand being left alone. Even with his sister as company, he still can't feel secure without the company of an adult. I don't blame him. His big sister is in this stage where her idea of accompanying her little brother is to do some rough housing with him. Countless of time, in horror, I have found her trying to headlock her baby brother. I swear the whole building is immune to my constant yelling these days. Lol. A sinple big hug can turn into a one party wrestling match to her. Wonder where she learnt that.

These days, I can't even take a leak without having him as an audience. I'll place him in his bumbo chair and park him right in front of the bathroom door while I bath. It's kinda funny to see his mouth hanging watching me loofa myself. LOL. I don't know what the psychological impact will be on him later on but for now, as long as he is quiet, I'm happy even if it has to come down to becoming some sort of exhibitionist.

Mika is still unable to sit on his own or even crawl for that matter. At the same age, Sarah was already crawling about terrorizing the household. Well, one milestone is, he could open and shut his palm when I sing 'Twinkle, twinkle Little Star.' Simply adorable.

Being in front of the PC when he is awake is no easy task either. He insists on standing (while I support him that is...ooh my aching arms)in front of the PC and bang away at the keyboard to his heart's content. Otherwise, he'll start 'singing' again. Sigh.

Cooking for the breaking of fast isn't easy as well. If hubby's around and NOT asleep, I could at least depend on him to take care of my little boy. But when hubby's not availanle, its no easy task to stimutaneously cook, pick him up for a little while, place him back in his high chair, continue stirring and repeat the whole performance again and again and again. I guess it's sort of a good multi tasking practice for me. Lol. Hubby's off again so it's been 2 days that I have had to break fast feasting on rice and omelette. Less hassle. Well, on the bright sight, I have started feeling my clothes are much looser so I guess it's not such a loss afterall. You win some, you lose some.Lol.

Seriously can't wait for Mika to get over this phase of his and start crawling to relieve me of my aching arms. Right now, I'm off to catch up on the zzzzs. Judging by my current sleep debt, I'm practically going brankrupt! Lol :D

12 comments:

Raf said...

Guess u've got urself a lil sidekick ek?..hehe.

Bawak la dia gi pasar Ramadhan..its goin to be a whole new adventure to him.

Pasar Ramadhan TTDI x best...huhuhu

Nana said...

ah yes.. that phase.

don't worry.. it won't be long now before u'll have to chase after him pulak. hehehe..

Fairul said...

ic..baby bnyk phase eh..
by the time mika is 3y/o..i may learn quite a lot from u..heheh
anyway..Have a great Ramadhan to u Sarah's mummy.. :)

rafiqaheliza said...

Wow! You supermom! Look at the bright side..you are shedding some fats off..
Nasib baik your Sarah is independent. Or else, you can't even blog!

Anonymous said...

adoi.. banyaknya phase utk baby...

pssttt... nnt if aku dah ada anak, aku amik ko jd bibik boleh tak? ko sudi tak?

ekekeke..

Anonymous said...

"I swear the whole building is immune to my constant yelling these days."

...Haha, sometimes i also afraid my neighbourhood will feel irritating to my yelling.

IMMomsDaughter said...

Patience & prayers help. Lol. At least, you've slimmed down without effort, ya? Take care.

Mommy at Home said...

This entry reminds me of one of my friends who told me that she had to hold her daughter while having a shower bcos of this whole seperation anxiety thing.

But the lil girl now is 2 plus and attending school and so far so good.

Hang in there dear!

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

:)

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah's Mummy, seems like u been so bz with ur lil mika n chores. I've going thru tht phase now. it's really tiring & still am now ha ha. Now i can't wait for lil cha cha to walk.

somehow i agree with u whn the baby can't crawl n walk on their own, it gives us an ache arm BUT when they able to walk on their own they'll venture on new things for instance to mass out all things over the place.

as u said u win some u lose some LOL.

Mumsgather said...

I can sense the rush in your writing. Yeah, I still recall putting baby in front of the bathroom door and his sister on the toilet doing the toilet training thingy while I showered. Its fun isn't it? Hahahaha. But so rewarded by the little fingers opening for the twinkle twinkle song.

zaida Ismail said...

Mika ni bese ni.. patut la mummy tak bleh blogging.

When is the next phase coming? Huhuhuh i missed your entry so much.... Thanx God ada entry baru...