Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Divorce Among Friends

Just got the news that one of my very good friend is going through a divorce. Among the 9 of us, we've always thought that she is the least likely to have to go thru such ordeal. It'd be safer to say that I held better chances of being divorced than her considering my not so docile nature. Lol.

I've always thought that her marriage was one perfect union. Good looking husband, equally good looking wife, absolutely gorgeous child. My little group of friends and I go way back, since secondary school. In fact some of us goes as far as primary school. We know each other so well like we know the back of our hands.

My friend here has always been known as the one who is sweet in nature. She's brilliant, giving and genuinely caring to those she holds near and dear to her. She's very loving and affectionate and as far as I can recall, I can't remember ever knowing her upsetting anyone. She's always been the most loyal, the most sweetest, the most smartest and the most kindest among all of us. It's shocking to hear such terribly news befalling her.

Her husband is the one who called in quits. Apparently he has found someone better for him. (If that's ever possible?) Ok, he's a rat assed cheating bastard. But what really is appalling here is the fate of his poor beautiful child. According to my friend, her child is quite close to her daddy, but when the father just decides to desert his family, the little child is sent reeling from the shock. She sobs herself to sleep everynight and even had gone to the extend of calling and appologizing profusely for being naughty and begs for daddy to come home. My friend has tried explaining to the child countless of times that it isn't her fault and no matter what they both still love her very much but I guess for a very young child, all this happenings is just too much for her young mind to comprehend. I can't believe how heartless her father could be.

And to add injury to insult, the father had initially insinuated that the breakdown was my dear friend's fault when she had been nothing but supportive, loving and loyal to her husband always. The truth finally came out that the cheating rat had another love.

My friend has a good job and the much, much bigger pay and has been footing all the major househhold expenses all this while. I guess with men, all that extra money and the absence of responsibilty (I have feeling he doesn't contribute much financially) has got him into mischief.

I can't believe all that gentlemanly qualities I see in her husband was just a facade. Her husband deserves to be shot dead especially considering what he is doing to his very young child. I can't believe that behind that handsome face lies a truly selfish, deceitful, cowardly and heartless individual.

I know my friend is heartbroken. I know that she is in turmoil. But I admire her strength and courage. She has tried her best to save the marriage but it takes two to make it work. She is resigned to her fate and refused to be victimized by the whole situation. She's being brave for the sake of her beautiful child.

To that cheating bastard, may you rot in hell for all the pain that you've caused thus never finding/obtaining total satisfaction in your life. Hope you live a wretched life.

N, my heart goes out to you. You are in my prayers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having blog about such similar incident happening to my friend, I know how you feel. Like I said before, the children are always the victim. It's heartbreaking to see the little girl in such state, isn't it? Time will eventually heal the wound but strength, patience & friends will be the backbone to overcome this ordeal.

Cherry said...

i landed here on my saturday morning blog hopping excursion. sad to think how a father can make-make forget (buat-buat lupa). my heart goes to N (yr friend) and her child. i can only offer them my silent prayer.

zaida Ismail said...

Hope N will be strong enough to face all this. And for that bastard, what you give you get back a**h**e!

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to N and child. And I pray that the husband will wake up one day too late and realise what he's thrown away. I wish him nothing but misfortune.

Mommy at Home said...

The poor child! I cannot imagine why some men turn into heartless errr...beings (being the polite word) once they've found a younger model that they'd like to trade in the old model for.

I hope your friend and her child will find the peace and happiness that they very much deserve.

sming said...

I also have been hearing stories about cheating husbands. ;(
The latest case is about the husband already have this gf before getting married.. And the wife found out and confronted the girls. Apparently, the girl din know the guy was married !!!
:(((