Friday, September 01, 2006

My daughter, the pre-schooler.


It's been a long rest, but a good one. Many things had happened but I've just never had the time to blog about it. Anyway, I miss, miss, miss blogging!

So since I've so much to write about, some happy and some sad, I've decided to write down one thing at a time. Anyway, since I feel quite cheerful right now, I'll start with a happy one.

I'm happy to report that Sarah has started going to school. And I'm even happier to find that she absolutely loves school. She's made so many new friends and her room teacher tells e that she is especially keen on paper & pencilwork.

Since attending school, Sarah has displayed some changes in her behavior. She takes instructions better and her appetite has improved. She is becoming more and more proficient with speaking and her language knowledge has grown. Sarah is more sociable and less shy these days. I'm happy with the changes.

Our lifestyle (mostly my lifestyle lol)is also much better than it previously was. Sarah's very discipline about going to bed early now and puts up less fight about going to bed. Unlike my 3am bedtime, now I find myself falling asleep even before my head hits the pillow by midnight. A good thing too since I need to wake up early to prepare breakfast and get the kids ready.

After sending Sarah to school at 8.15am, I'll go for a morning walk with Mika for the next half an hour. I consider that my exercise. I just love walking Sarah to school. Brings back sweet memories of my childhood days when I was about Sarah's age walking to school with my mom.

Sarah's got more friends now and I make it a point to take her to the playground almost everyday so she could play with them in the evenings. These days she watches less TV and the fresh air has done her good. Even I have acquired a few more friends having the opportunity to befriend the various maids and a handful (more like a couple to be exact LOL) of mothers at the playground.

I'm so looking forward to Sarah's concert this coming November. They've started practicing already and all of them look absolutely adorable doing their routines. I truly am enjoying this part of motherhood. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, Welcome back to the world of blogging. Got excited when I saw your link updated with new post. Lol. Btw, the break seemed to do well for you with changes like Sarah going to school. It'll be good for both you & her, ya?

Nana said...

Yayy!! You're back.

I echo immomsdaughter : looks like the break did you good. ;)

Anonymous said...

Woohooo .. u r back to blogging =)
Glad u r "well rested". Looking forward to reading your updates

Take care

Fairul said...

yea yea..ur back..:)
wah..look so cute one..eh..got barbie school bag or not?

Anonymous said...

that was a lonnnnnnng break!
school is a good thing for sarah yea...that's good to hear.

Chibi Maruko said...

Sarah dan makcik Chibi sama sama masuk sekolah yea, pink girl yea, makcik chibi ada kasut pink, tapi dah kepam :)

zaida Ismail said...

Yay! Finally dah balik heheheh... Tengok Sarah and her school bag and not forgotten the DIY hat, brings me to the year 1987 huhuhu... baru start cekolah!

Sekarang dah jadik bini orang dah! Huwaa...