Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Back Again...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

It’s been a while, who am I kidding? It’s been more than a while but I’m glad to be back. No I wasn’t away, just been busy with this and that. I guess that’s part and parcel of becoming a SAHM, wish I could become those so called women of leisure instead. I wonder what they do all day. Hmm…

Anyway, what’s new with me? Well, I’m happy to report that I’ve lost a whopping 8kg. I am now able to fit into all my old clothes (plus a few new ones as well I might add, can’t resist the urge to brag ;)). And have gotten rid of all my fat mommy clothes. Good riddance to those. I vow to avoid them permanently. Although weight wise I’m not quite where I aim to be yet…but so far so good. Along with the weight loss, I feel pretty good about myself…oh who cares, I’ll just say it out loud…I feel like one hot momma. It’s nice to be able to see my hip bones and knees again. I’ve missed them tremendously! LOL

I really do wish I could fit into my old uniform when I was still in my premarital state; in fact that is what I’m currently aiming for. I reckon I could perhaps try squeezing into them, it may be a tight squeeze but I keep getting mental images of myself exploding out of the uniform ala incredible hulk. Not a pretty sight at all. I’ve decided I don’t want to risk myself being utterly traumatized and scarred for life so I’ll just leave that thought on hold first while I strive to lose more weight and gather the courage to bring myself into slipping on the uniform from my glory days.

The children are getting bigger. Mika’s turned 1 btw, and has even taken his first few steps. He did so a day before his birthday, and like all mothers, I’m convinced my son is an absolute genius! Unlike his sister at the same age, Mika is still clingy as ever. Yes, in case anyone’s still wondering, he still ‘accompanies’ me in the shower. Well, for consolation, at least mommy looks good now and nolonger canbe mistaken as The Good Year blimp's younger sister. Praise the lord! My little boy however, seems to prefer his daddy over me whenever the dad’s around (the little traitor!). Well, at least my girl is still loyal to me although now, whenever I freak out at her she’ll beg me to allow her to spend the night with her grandparents instead. The nerve of that little girl… Am I really that bad?

My bachelor grand uncle who took care of my late grandmother when she was alive has passed on a day before Mika’s birthday. The next day, on baby’s birthday, hubby’s grandmother passed away. It was truly a long and tiring week for me. I swear PLUS highway had made a nice little profit out of me having had traveled almost the entire stretch of the North South highway during that week alone. My prayers goes out to Tok Bah and Mak Tok. Al-Fatihah.

There was this incident relating to Chicken Pox during Mak Tok’s funeral which has shown me a whole new light on my SIL. Not a very flattering light though…but that’s another story which I will write about when I’m more rational and not as furious with her as I am now.
So, stay tune to my next update and hope all of my readers (if I still have any that is LOL) are well and in good health. Taking advantage of CNY, I’d like to wish all of you a year of happiness and prosperity. Cheers!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're back!! hallelujah!! =) wow 8kilos!! congrats you hot hoochie momma you! wish i have your discipline and perseverance

allthingspurple said...

heeeeyyyy, we misssed you !!!!

anyhow, congrats on your trim body, mine is frozen on the scale

and oh yea, i have just tagged you. an easy peasy one

Unknown said...

Semoga your grandparents will be amongst yang dikasihi olehNya.... glad to see u back anyway and well done to the weight loss!!! asalkan jgn sebab dinch makan udahler..hiks :)

Unknown said...

Oopss silap, I meant to say your hubby's grandma....

IMMomsDaughter said...

Welcome Back! That was a looooong absence. And the kids, we've missed so much. Cannot beleive Mika is already 1!!!!

LindaMunshi said...

strawberry shortcake,
when there's a will, there's away :)

allthingspurple,
Your body must be on survival mode if it's frozen. Anyway, you've got asmart body there, if you lose anymore, you'll be thin air. LOL. What are u worried about ur weight for? You already so gorgeous...:)

lee,
Tx for the good wishes. Makan, sapa kata tak makan...in fact I'm actually eating more...tapi healthier choices lah...hehehe, I just realized how much I've missed checking ur topeng-topeng pics...;)

immomsdaughter,
thanks! You can't believe mika's 1? Urnot the only one...I can't believe Mika's 1!LOL

sherrina said...

welcome back......!!

Anonymous said...

wow.. nice figure back... haha... wonder when I will get mine back.

Nana said...

welcome back!! and congrats on those lost kilos. :)

rafiqaheliza said...

Yes! you still do have loyal readers..Been checking for your new entry for ages. It's good to have you back...and the lost of 8 kilos..wow! Eh, Mika dah 1 yo already? How time flies! On the lost of your grandparents, my greatest condolences to your family. What else...hmmm...do keep on posting. Really miss you...and your stories..

zaida Ismail said...

Al - Fatihah...

8 kg? wow that is amazing! I had a spinal operation 3 weeks ago. I suffered for a bout 3 months cause by the pain.

Guess what... i lost 10 kg within 3 weeks heheheeh and now i want to maintain the weight. Hopefully it wont go up again....

Unknown said...

haiii..u ols..bila nak hapdate?? eheheheh hope u r fine :)

Anonymous said...

Aarghhhh!!! I've been punished! I can't seem to log on to my blogger and update my entry....aaargh...!!!
-Sarah's Mummy

sherrina said...

laaa...lupa password ke?

Chibi Maruko said...

im, lama sangat tak dnegar khabar, dah pregnant anak ke 3 lagi, congratulation.. camana sihat...
chibi