Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Healthier Body, Here I Come...

Since my last post, I'm happy to say that my plans in owning a healthier and fitter body is well on the way and is off to a good start. I've been exercising consistently and have been very careful in watching what I eat with the exception of a couple of nights. In my defense, I had to attend a birthday party and it was a shame to let the food go to waste since my friend had painstakingly catered for the event. And the other night? Hey...my mom got a huge promotion at work and someone from work rewarded her with huge Miri prawns. It was superb and I'm not regretting it one tiny bit. (Yeah..yeah...tell that to my cholesterol level...hardy har har).

Before I began, I had weighed and measured myself so I'd be able to see my progress. I'm determine to lose 1kg a week (I checked, and apparently losing more than 1kg a week is deemed unhealthy.)

After exercising vigourously for 30 minutes every single day, it suprises me that I do actually feel different. And although my arms, thighs and stomach muscles are aching like crazy (I'd rate the pain just a notch below labour pain) I actually feel 100 percent great! I feel so much more energetic. Before this, everytime I push the kids up the parking ramp at our place which is similar to a small hill, I'd be huffing and puffing like mad. Totally out of breath. The other day, both hubby and I was pushing the kids up the ramp while I was yakking away, by the time we reached the top I realized hubby was panting and completely out of breath (and looking a little faint I might add..haha!)and I didn't feel a thing. Whoa...I've more stamina. How cool is that?

So exactly a week after starting my new regime towards becoming a lean, mean fat burning machine, I had weighed and measured myself to see if there were any progress. Yahoo! I had lost 2 kg (a kg more than what is categorized as safe...but right now I don't care coz I'm absolutely elated over the weight loss), and a total of 22cm in my arms, thighs, hips and stomach region. Woohoo! Who's the man? I'm the man!!! It's nice to know that that all that hardwork did pay off. And when there's immediate result...hardwork doesn't seem so hard after all.

So this week, I've decided to take things a little slow cause like I mentioned, my goal is a kilo a week. Anyway, I think breastfeeding helps as well because without the overload of 'fuel' that I usually put into me, my body is working overtime burning the fat within my body. It's almost like I've a treadmill strap onto me or something. LOL!

I'm being very realistic about this whole process and am determine to reach my desired weight by March. After that, I'll continue exercising in order to maintain that weight. Call it my New Year resolution.

I can't wait till I'll be able to fit into a size 8...err, who am I kidding, I'm a tall girl so size 10 will do. Whatever it is, I'll just make sure I never become like those 6' size 0 giantess strutting all the major runways. What the heck is size 0 anyway? To me, size 0 simply means you don't exist. You're nothing but thin air. So I'll just settle for size 10 (or maybe 8...I wish!)

Healthier body, here I come! :)

15 comments:

zaida Ismail said...

Congrat's so now I pun kene start excercise la erk... Kalau ikutkan takde time tapi takpe i will sqeeze time for it!

Swimming can do can because tak rasa peluh and sejuk jer dalam pool hehehehe.... Jog macam malas seh! Aiyoh camana nih?!

Fairul said...

while u busy shedding those weights..im busy piling up all the weights...hehe..:P

selamat exercise :)

Unknown said...

go mummy go! u get full support fm me. seems like u r leading to a healthy way of diet. Eat balance foor n practice regular exercise.

keep it up!

Raf said...

huh...is gonna take a while. 3 months? or maybe 2? all the best, momma!!! i gotta take care of my lil tummy here as well...arghhh...

*err...itu stewardess takde citer apa2 ke?...hehe

IMMomsDaughter said...

U put me to shame. I soooo wanna exercise for health purposes (just ignore the FATS)

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Congrats Linda...hahaha...

Jangan hangat-hangat tahi ayam ekk.... LOL

Alpha said...

Go girl go!

Don't be like me la...hoping to be able to wear my old Man U jersey from 1996....but tinggal harapan aje!!

sherrina said...

swimming lah best. saya pun dah start swimming balik sementara belum keje lagi ni :)

Anonymous said...

I should get you to inspire my Daddy to exercise. He's so lazy .... he hasn't jogged at all this year. At least Mummy's gonna join the gym next year.

Unknown said...

Yes, congrats u ols!!! kalau kat sini lepas lepas Krismas nih lagilaaa makin anik mendadak berat badan omputih (dan mak) kat sini. makan tak hengat dunia! Pastuh mulalah new yr resolution nak gi gym every week hiks....

U like Marilyn Monroe kan?? kat sini dah dua tiga hari dah dua tiga channels kat sinih dok tayang Some Like It Hot :) Mak skerr!

Take care and good luck with your regime!! Towards a healthier lifestyle!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on your healthy body and stronger stamina! Me too had lost weight after 2nd baby and back to pre-preg weight already, but I eat a lot, do some pilates and breastfeed only.
You're still breastfeeding, that makes it easier to lose weight too. ;)

Unknown said...

Happy New Year darling..and selamat hari Raya Haji... musim musim perayaan nih mmg susah nak jaga makan..tengok macam mak nih, naik dah 0.5 to 1 stone katanya...matilaaa aku nak kuruskan badan lepas nih!

rafiqaheliza said...

Fuyoo! Congrats babe! I really want a healthier body...Hope when my baby settles into a sleeping routine, I can plan on when to exercise. You inspire me!
Thank God, the breastfeeding thingy has helped to shed all the fats I got so I'm slimmer than my pre-pregnancy figure.

Unknown said...

Hi nok! How are u ols? How's the new resolution going? Bila nak hapdate? **matiker mak tanyer banyak soklan??? :P Hope u r doing well :)

Vivianz said...

Wow! I too have to learn from you eh!