Saturday, December 02, 2006

Kaput!

Eureka! I did it! I’m finally in…hehehe.

I’ve been missing from the blogging world for quite some time now. No, I was not abducted by aliens. I suffered a fate which was worse than that. Dearest hubby meddled with my notebook causing it to crash….aargh! Hell hath no fury like a woman without her computer!

Hubby rarely uses the computer. When he does, his activities are usually limited to playing FreeCell, downloading music (thanks to me for downloading the software), checking emails (which are mostly forwarded by moi) and checking his flight schedules online. This wonderful man I married is totally clueless when it comes to computers. Heaven knows why he owns an O2 PDA. Once, the computer went on hibernate mode whilst he was on the net and hubby panicked yelling “The computer crashed! The computer crashed!” Duuh…

Anyway, to make a long story short, don’t know what he did but my notebook went kaput. I lost everything. Stupid me for not having a back up. To think that every single photograph that I’ve downloaded gone just like that. I was doing a month to month picture project of lil’ baby to see how much he’s changed and grown and that too are all gone. So much for that project.

We had to send the computer to the experts and have everything reconfigured again. In doing so, I had to start again from scratch. I couldn’t automatically log into Blogger to add new entries because I had forgotten my username and password. To make matter worst, for the life of me, I couldn’t even recall the password to my old email to retrieve my username and password. Gosh it was hard. Day in, day out, it was like trying to crack some sort of government secret code or something. But as you can see from may latest entry, I succeeded. I’m ecstatic over this little achievement of mine. Perhaps this is how man felt when he discovered fire. LOL.

Hubby figured why risk my wrath again and is now a proud owner of a brand new Fujitsu notebook. That’ll be the last of him interfering with my stuff. I’m also happy to report that he has graduated from playing Freecell and is now using his computer solely for the purpose of playing some other sort of PC game called Pharaoh or something. Thank goodness.

I’ll try to be back ASAP to post other new entries. But baby has this 6th sense about waking up every time I log into Blogger. So right now, before little boy’s screaming gets any louder, I should check on the little master of my universe. Cheerio!

7 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

Welcome back Linda! I missed your posts and presence in blogsphere very much *Hugs hugs* Looking forward to more of your posts.

Anonymous said...

welcome baackkkkkkk!!! miss your witty & amusing entries

Zaitul said...

so glad ur back...was beginning to miss ur blog.....

Fairul said...

hey!! finally!! welcome back...
u shud hire CIA or KGB agents to break all your codes then..hehehe..
looking forward for your next entries..:P

zaida Ismail said...

Hemp! Bayar bayar saya selalu datang cuci sawang. Siapa yg crash pc tu kene denda taw. Ex : laundry 1 week ker, baby sit 2 weeks ker while Kak Linda do some huge shopping LOL hahahaha Aci tak?

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah's Mummy! I was hoping you'd return. Glad you're back! Now I have another mummy blog to read. Yay!! :D

allthingspurple said...

hey, you are back!!!!! i missssssssed you !!!!!

your husb's real funny. LOL