Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Confessions of a Reformed Dieter


I'm totally inspired. I've just finished reading AJ Rochester's Confession of a Reformed Dieter and am inspired to better myself, lose weight and lead a more healthy and active life.

It's a true account on how she (AJ Rochester) had managed to lose 50kg from 109kg (it's like shedding Calista Flockhart from her body! LOL) and dropped 8 dress size by changing her style of living and make healthy choices. It's an honest revelation and charts her high and lows during her incredible journey.

I truly identified with her (except I don't weight 109kg and if I did would have commited suicide long ago. Heck, during my pregnancy, when my weight hit 75, I was already contemplating suicide. LOL. ) Now I know that I've made unhealthy choices in my life and the effects of my action would influence how my children lead their life later on.

It's really inspirational and I'd recommend all to read it. AJ Rochester has manage to keep her wits and humour while battling with her weight problem. Reading her book itself is a life changing experience. I'm starting on her other book "The Lazy Girl's Guide To Losing Weight and Keep Fit." And the best part? Immediately after I finish reading, I did squats and sit ups while watching TV. Yup, I exercised!

I'm determine to make better choices in my life towards a more healthier life. I'm going to shed off those pounds by doing it the healthy way and keep it off for good. And I'm starting immediately.

Wait, I ade pasta today. Ooops...err, I change my mind. I'll just start tomorrow...err day after tomorrow. I have a feeling tommorrow is going to be another left-over meal day. Did I mention it's a huge pot? Hehehe. I promise I'll start day after tomorrow.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

U ols, my tips: eat as frequent but as little as u can - to ensure u ols tak over indulge in eating kalau time makan lunch or dinner..yang paling bahaya Dinner laaa u ols,kan?? nak nak nasik dan segala mala lauk apuk malaysia yg best best tuh...fuiyyoooo bagaikan Calista Flockhart piula jadik baby dlm perut kita eheheheh :P

Good luck u ols BUT as long as u enjoy and happy about it! :)

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, u don't need to dietlah woman! Good luck anyway.

zaida Ismail said...

Badan gemuk (oppss) tapi hati senang ok kan janji sihat dari badan kurus susah hati and banyak penyakit. Pilihan di tangan anda.

My auntie ala ala aleeza Kasim badanya tapi suffer high cholestrol. At least syukur dgn apa yang kita ada. Excersive tu PERLU ok.

LindaMunshi said...

lee, itulah...as frequent bisa diatur...as little tu yg payah sikit. LOL

immimsdaughter, yeah..tell that to my undetachable Louis Vuitton hanging at my gut

zaida, gemuk tapi hati tak senanglah. Laki akak kerja dgn stewardess-stewardess 19 tahun...teruklah akak nak kena compete.:P

Raf said...

hey...u're back rupernyer. punyer lama tak update2 ek.

errr...pass2 la sket stewardess2 19 tahun tuh. ringan sket beban u...hehe

LHS said...

But you still breastfeeding, right? Then how to on diet?

Unknown said...

u r not going to die if u eat pasta or high carbo meal one thing u've to bare in mind don't 4get to exercise and stick to it. turn on the radio while u in the kitchen move ur body, u can even do ur sit up while watching tv huhu..

be happy while u exercise ok. happy mind will give a positive outcome.

LindaMunshi said...

raf, amboi..ingat ibu ayam ke? LOL

hui sia, yup...stil bf, What I meant is...I should eat better, healthier meals and exercise more.

halogamora, I know...but when it comes to pasta it's hard to practice self-control. Will take ur advice to heart. I've started doing squats & stomach crunches while watching TV yesterday!Progress eh? Hehe

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Exercise...exercise...exercise...!

Hehehe