Monday, December 04, 2006

Ah-Choo! Sniff! Sniff! Cough! Cough!

During my absence from the Internet, the whole family fell ill. It started with the kids. Initially Sarah had the cough and Mika had the flu. Then I caught it and lucky me had both cough, flu and fever. I was in bed for like 3 days. I couldn't get up. It was pure torchure to bath the kids and prepare their meals while my whole body is aching and screaming, my throat feels like it's on fire and a stream of mucus continuously flows out of my nostrils. I had no choice but to turn to the ever dependable Pizza Hut. The delivery man and me are quite the chum now.

So for 3 days, the kids had nothing but Pizza Hut. Pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even baby Mika although I don't see him complaining. In the duration of me falling sick, I think I've ordered everything within their Supreme range. I wanted to try that 4 flavour thingy but on the other hand...peanut sauce on a pizza? I'm not that sick.

Hubby had a lucky break because he wasn't around to take over my duties. So sickly moi, single handedly had to take care of 2 kids and nurse myself back to health. Due to breastfeeding, the doctor didn't prescribe antibiotics so my road to recovery was much slower than I would like. The doctor asked if I wanted an MC. I said yeah and could you write it out to my kids and my husband? And they dare say it's easy being a stay at home mom. Try being a stay at home mom with no maid, no husband and parents whom are still working and can't help out. After that ordeal, I'd better inform hubby that I'm seriously underpaid.

As I was recovering, hubby came home and then he fell sick. Although not fully recovered but considering that I was still in better shape than he was, my sense of duty and loyalty had me waiting on him hand and foot in nursing him back to health. (Why is it men can be such babies when their ill?) I even made myself wake myself in the middle f the night to make sure he takes his medicine and check his temperature. At one point I almost strangled him because he was actually fighting me off, refusing to take the pills and wanted to just continue sleeping. Hello??? You're 36 for crying out loud!

After 3 days, hubby was better and the next day he was off to work for 2 weeks. The morning that he went off, I woke up to discover 2 feverish kids in my hands. There goes my sleep. It's no joke running about sponging the kids down, medicating them, constantly checking their temperature, comforting and soothing them, cooking and cleaning and not to forget reconfiguring my computer and trying to crack my old password. It's a wonder how I still manage to remain sane. I think.

Now 10 days later, the kids are looking better, hubby's still not back and I've got a new problem in my hand. Baby hasn't been sleeping well for the past 2 nights. He keeps waking up screaming (in oppose to whimpering throughout the night when he had the fever) and thrashing about. He seems to be in a constant bad mood and lo and behold, I've discover another tooth coming out. No wonder he's been throwing such a tantrum and has been fighting off food. Now I must cope with a teething child.

Right now I look like a raccoon, have 2 enormous Louis Vuitton under my eyes and am about to declare myself bankrupt judging by the amount of sleep debt that I owe.

Sigh...another 4 more days to go till hubby returns and I get to dump the kids on him. Gosh, isn't motherhood a ball?

12 comments:

Fairul said...

I'm telling you...the 4 flavours pizza is not worth trying...it taste all the same to me..hehehe..
hope you're feeling better by now ya..:)

zaida Ismail said...

Pizza Hut? Hoping that I can be Sarah at that time jer... I love pizza! Super supreme!! Yummy! Apsal aku lapor lagi nih!?

LindaMunshi said...

Fairul, Haha! My intuition is right after all!

Zaida, jeng jeng jeng...baby on the way lah tu kot...

Anonymous said...

I can relate to you being a stay @ home mum as i'm one myself. It's so bad when your child gets sick but it's even worse when the daddy fell sick at the same time! Hope the kids are feeling much better and you get your much needed beauty sleep =)

Anonymous said...

Ooo ... my mummy and daddy say they'd rather go to work than to be stay at home parents because they know how tough it is to take care of me and my baby brother. Cheers to all SAHMs!

Unknown said...

OOOOooohh Lin! i miss u so much. lin i really admire ur strenght in taking care of ur 2 children and a husband who is not well and urself i pity u. why don't u hire a maid or a helper? who can come on daily basis.

If i were u ....dah pengsan dah ha ha.

zaida Ismail said...

Mana ada....

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Huhuhu... Pity you...


Sod ba ro...

Anonymous said...

wow! ur blog is so cute, i really like it> 9 to c ya ^^

LindaMunshi said...

strawberry shortcake, nice to know that I'm not alone :)

ajab booboo, tell ur mommy & daddy that I'd give up an arm & a leg to trade places with them right now judging to the current situation. LOL.

halogamore, have considered about getting help but my sense of competitiveness always makes me think that I can do better than the cleaners. Hehehe.

zaida, tunggu...adalah tu...;)

bp, berat mata memandang, berat lagi bahu yg memikul....tak pe, takpe...pikir pahala. Nak pahala...nak pahala...:)

Tx anonymous! Glad you liked it. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor you. I really salute youlah, stand alone super mommy. Hope the kids are well by now and you too.

allthingspurple said...

awwww... you poor dear. Here's a tissue and get well soon.