Friday, February 24, 2006

To Induce or Not To Induce? That Is The Question...


Hubby and I have both decided to not proceed with induced labour but after a few days of coming to that decision, I still find myself contemplating about it. I guess it's more of convenience than necessity. Hubby wants to be around for the birth, but his AL only begins on the 9th and any day before that date, he would obviously be out of the country.

I on the other hand am worrying about DD. If I go into labour when Hubby's not around, who's gonna keep an eye on her? I've no maid, both my parents and lil sis are working and my big bro? Forget about him...he's too unreliable to even look after himself.

I've been reading up on induced labour and most of the articles and the experienced moommies over at MMB recommends it if there is some sort of possible threat of medical complications like pre eclampsia and diabetes. Since I have none of those, most of the articles tells me to just be patient and let it happen naturally. Yeah, yeah...easier said than done. However, when I read about the dangers of inducing labour, I think perhaps it is wiser for me after all to just let nature take its course.

I also did come across natural ways to induce labour like long walks and sex. Since sex is out of the question...dunno why but I can only have sex when I feel sexy and when one looks like the Blue Hyppo's younger sister...definitely NOT sexy! So, sorry to tell you bootilicious hubby, celibate you must be and adultery is NOT an option.

Hmm, that leaves me with the long walks...maybe I should do just that and if by Monday that doesn't work...guess inducing labour is just the way to go.

No comments: