Sunday, July 09, 2006

Haircut Mishap

I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm upset. I'm furious. I'm devastated. I'm livid. All because of a haircut gone wrong. The one time in my life that I actually cried over a bad haircut.

I went to get a long overdued haircut last Saturday. My decision to go to a different hairdresser rather than going to the one I'm more used to proved to be a big, huge and fat mistake. Almost fatal.

I wanted a bob. A long shoulder hair bob. With a little fringe. I told that to the hairdresser and even showed a picture of Nicole Ritchie's hairstyle. But when I finally looked up from the April issue of Bazaar, I discovered horror upon horror. I had layers, short layers instead!

The stupid moron gave me short hair instead. Layered short hair. I sat there fuming, listening to all those stupid moron trying to convince me that layers are good for me. My hair is thick and layers will reduce the volume they say. Well...no one asked for your oppinions! I wanted a long, shoulder hair bob. Which part of that said short layers?

My new hairstyle will require me to blow style my hair every single time I want to look presentable to the world. I've had this hairstyle before. And the myth of short hair being relatively easy to manage than long hair is just that...a myth.

I definitely gave that moron with the scissors a piece of my mind.

Me: "Look at this picture (I shoved the picture of Nicole Ritchie almost up her nose). Does it look the same?!!!"

Moron: "This one got layers mah"

Me: "Do I look blind?! I wanted it all the same length. I don't want layers! Short layers are hard to maintained. And with 2 kids, when will I find the time to blow myhair?!"

Moron: "Layers look nicer"

Me: "Then why dont you come to my house every single morning just to blow my hair?!!"

Moron: Stood there in silence.

Me: "Next time listen, look properly. Now what am I going to do with my hair?!"

Moron: "But now ths is the trend mah.."

Me: "I don't care! I've had this hairstyle (I did, during my stewardess days and even then I hated it. Now I loath it.) It's too hard too maintain."

Moron: "No lah. Easy to maintainlah."

Me: "You think I'm stupid? I told you I've had this hairstyle before!"

Moron: "Yes aah?"

Me: "That's why I want long bob. Easier."

Moron: "You're hair too thick for bob. Not very nice."

Me: "I've had bob hairstyle so many times now. I know it looks okay on me."(From the day I joined MAS, I was told by the stylist to stick to bob hair which I religiously did throughout my flying career except that one time when everyone had that stupid Rachel/Jennifer Aniston hairstyle craze and I had to make it much, much shorter due to company's requirements and ended up hating it every single day till it grew out.)

Moron: "Yes aah?"

Me: "Yes! Now it looks like a damn helmet! And there's nothing I could do about it!"

Moron: "You do rebonding meh... and then easier to maintain."

Me: "No way am I doing it here!!!!"


And with that I stood up and walked out. I jut had to walk out because I was so tempted to stab that woman with a scissor. I almost threw the money in the cashiers face.

As I was about to go into the car, I felt my blood boil over again and I reentered the saloon. I called for the manager and told him. "Please do not hire deaf and blind people to cut hair. Look at what your staff has done to my hair. This was not what I had asked for. I told her what I wanted and showed her a picture but obviously she was neither listening or looking. It's just not right for someone to make a mistake with someone's hair and just go ooops. My hair is horrible and it's all your fault!"

And then I noticed that the whole store went awfully quiet. Everyone was looking at me. I turned around and stormed out. Never to return...forever!

I'm so pissed off. Luckily my hair grows really fast but for right now, I guess hairclips are the way to go. I'm cursing that moron. May she be a kuli for the rest of her life. Damn her. B****!!!!!!

20 comments:

Egghead said...

I think they always think they know best! :(

mom2ashley said...

oooooo I absolutely kno whwta you mean! i had a really bad hair cut once and I never felt worse with how i looked like in my life! good for you for telling those fella off!!!!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Oh gosh! That's really terrible. I remembered once I tried a new hair dresser for convenience sake (nearer to office) and regretted that decision for the next 3 months.

Anonymous said...

I had a bad hair cut once too and I've been grumbling over it for weeks, truly understand how you felt. And it's damn right that longer hair is easier to maintain than short hair when time is a constraint.

Alpha said...

Sorry to hear that! Good thing men usually don't really have to worry about our hairdo. Anyway, you're the customer...and the customer, as the saying goes, is always right!

Mumsgather said...

Aw shucks! I had a bad haircut once too, the hairdresser kept on thinning my fringe and overdid it. It looked so silly! Another time, another one kept on cutting the fringe till it became ultra short. Looked incredibly stupid! I hate those hairdos turned wrong sessions. Utterly hate them.

kaezrin said...

oh dear..i feel for u...

i just hope ur hair grow faster than before so that U can get back to ur bobn hair...

Mommy at Home said...

you poor thing! i hate it when they insist that they know what hairstyle suits you best and try and try to convince you when actually that's the only style that they know how to cut!

good thing you told them off!

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Time to wear tudung, selendang or wig...


......just kidding...

Anonymous said...

Oh dearie dear. Saying "what a bummer" is an understatement. Please do tell what/were this hair salon is so that all of us could spread the news and steer clear of the place

*strawberry shortcake*

Fairul said...

so sorry to hear that..it will grow long sooner than u thought..
i'm sure u still look fab.with the short hair..trust me :)
p/s: for a while i thought it was boob job.hehe :)

sherrina said...

tuck this advice in your mind: Never change your hair stylist if you have found the one that you always trust and feel comfortable with. Same goes with car mechanic, doctor etc....

p/s: unless the person already quit, pass away...then u have no choice :D

LindaMunshi said...

egghead,
well, this time they thought wrong ;)

mom2ashley,
a bad hair cut does hurt ur confidence...I feel like I'm at the bottom of the pit right now. :(

elina,
3 months??? *sigh* is that how long it's gonna take me to grow my hair? Mika would probably be crawling by then...that's a long wait. Boo hoo.

dragonmummy, ur right on that one. Short hair easy to maintain my foot. Nothing but a myth. Btw, tx 4 visiting my blog. :)

alpha, thanks but at times like this I wish I was a man. No such thing as hair woes. I envy you. :P

MG, well, I guess then u could understand why I had the urge to stab the woman. My hair never looked so awful in my entire life. When I was 15, I had this Temenggung Jugah fringe and comparing that to what I have now...that was waaay better.

kaezrin, you, me both. I'm gonna start washing my hair twice a day now & with luck, that would make it grow faster...:P

mommy at home, the sad part is today when I woke up...I noticed that my hairstyle is almost similar to that moron's hairstyle. Probably, it is the only hairstyle that she know. Grr...Oh, Tx 4 visiting my blog hehe :)

bp,
No...ur right. Maybe this is a sign after all...hmmm. A blessing in disguise? But I feel utterly wretched! Waaah...

Strawberry Shortcake,
CUT INN SS5 Kelana Jaya. Remember it, memmorize it, avoid it. ;)

fairul, a boob job? Lol...got you titillated in the beginning eh? Lol
Anyway, tx 4 the encouragement. Such a sweetheart. ;)

sherrina, that's the best piece of advice ever. I'm tempted to stamp it on my forehead so I'll never ever forget. But that combine with this awful hairstyle...I might as well put a bag over my head. Lol.

Unknown said...

may i see your current looks like??...how awful is that??...hehehe...

Alpha said...

About my comment that men don't have to worry about their hairstyle(s) - some do actually especially if they are David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand!

Unknown said...

aaa...SM! cool down dear, it's which i think a total misunderstanding. i used to have bad hair cuts last time but hair grows.

u can put wicks on, erra fazira use it too dear. jgn marah sgt i takuuut..

Unknown said...

Errkkk what kinda customer service fooolish was he????? Hey u ols, saman sajork moron ittew... dah customer nak buek camtu, bagi je lah,kan?? Who does he think he is, hairstylist of the world????

Err u ols, at least u ols ada manyak rambut..mak ni..eheheheheh

p/s sabar u ols...... tak pun, u ols kerat je rambut dia masa dia tidur...padan muka dia! rasainnnnn

Nana said...

and that is why I procastinate about haircuts.

used to get my dad to do it, but now he doesn't want to anymore.

Hot Mama said...

Oh my, i had several bad hair cut! at one time they cut my hair short then did rebonding. I looked like a japanese girl with hair sticking out flat straight!
I like to go to this hair saloon in plaza damas, i only let the owner of that saloon do my hair. She's really pro.

allthingspurple said...

that send shivers down my spine. i have my hair perpetually in ponytail nowadays and i really need a good hair cut, but i'll steer clear of that one in Kelana Jaya.