Thursday, July 20, 2006

Siti to Wed Datuk K.


By now everyone has surely heard that Malaysia's sweetheart Siti Nurhaliza will wed prominent businessman Datuk Khalid Mohammad Jiwa. Her story even made it to the front page beating the news on the recent Tsunami in Java. Yup, here, Siti is bigger than a dreaded tidal wave.

As a moderator of a particular forum, I have a responsibility to remain impartial despite whatever personal views I may have. It frustrates me to see all the bashing done by forumers towards Siti upon the news of her nuptuals. Honestly, I'm not a fan and I don't even own a single album or song for that matter. But it saddens me that there are bitter, spiteful people out there. And to make things worst, these people are feeling bitter, spiteful and resentful to a woman they don't even personally know.

Rumors has it that Siti is the person responsible for the divorce of Datuk K & his ex-wife. They have branded Siti as 'husband snatcher', 'gold digger' and other deragotary terms. Ok, the thing is Siti may or may not have caused the breakup but I am a firm believer of the saying 'a good woman is meant for a good man and a bad woman is meant for a bad man'. So if perhaps Siti did steal this man from his wife, and this man is horrible enough to dump his wife for a and I quote IMMomsDaughter 'an SYT', well all I've got to say on behalf of the jilted wife is good riddance. You deserve better than the likes of that lecherous man you called husband.

But Siti could be innocent. She could be just a naive girl who fell in love with an older man. Just give her the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't it matter that one way or another she deserves to be happy. I believe everyone deserves to be happy regardless. And to me Siti was lucky enough to find the love of her life even if he is a middle age divorcee with 4 kids in tow.

I hate the spite and the resentment that is going on. Why can't people just resign to fate and offer their best wishes instead? It's truly frustrating to just keep mum when people are being malicious to another person.

Ok, what about the jilted wife one may ask? Well, what about her? She's affluent, she's got really good connection, she's got the looks and yes she may not have the love of her life but if that love of her love did stray and cheat on her...I feel she is better off without him anyway. A man who betrays the trust of a love one in my opinion is a person we are better off without.

So lets not fight among ourselves and stoop down to name calling and character bashing. Lets think the best out of the person instead of focusing on all the negativity.

Unless it's the moron who ruined my hair that is. ;) LOL.

14 comments:

Egghead said...

well... I guess that's the price of being the most popular one gua :(

anyhooo... I think these kinda hoo-haa will eventually die out... we should not stick our noses into other people's business :P

all we can do is wish them well... especially the kids :)

mom2ashley said...

ah well..I too have my comments (not very good as well) but i shall keep them to myself! heheheheh...

IMMomsDaughter said...

Read this post :http:\\http://mylifenstuffs.wordpress.com

I reserved my comments, ya :)

Unknown said...

ala siti again. i wld rather keep the comment to myself. as u said it's unfair to put a comment to someone tht we don't really know her personally.

Hot Mama said...

I have nothing against her.. like u i'm not her fan pun.
But since i handle divorce cases, i sometimes get emotional when i handle divorce cases where a man marries another one and "let go" the old one. Kesian. I do believe in fate and jodoh, but seriously tak de laki lain dah ker, why suami org???

Fairul said...

its hard being siti nurhaliza..

Chibi Maruko said...

emmmm ct dgn pakcik K tu cam pinang dibelah 2.. ehh salah, cam pinang kena langgar dengan steamroll.... ya ampun... mungkin Ct suka org berpengalaman kot....heheh

Ted said...

yups...hurm,bout datuk K divorced his wife to marry with ct to tak betullah..Kan dah lama dorang cerai..huhu.

Pepun, tak ske bila wartawan tanya itu ini, mati2 dia cakap tak la, itu la ini la..tup tup ngan Datuk K jugak.Hipokrita la...huhuhu

nway, hope dorang bahagia dah la.Datuk k jaga leklok kot, bini muda, anak dara, lawa..N hope ct leh jaga anak2 Datuk K yang sedikit liar itu..hehehehehe...

Mommy at Home said...

a day after the story broke, I met with some friends who were baffled that the papers carried this story on their front page. They were wondering why the tsunami & lebanon conflict didn't make headlines....???

LindaMunshi said...

egghead, I can't wait for all the hoo haa to be over & done with ASAP.

mom2ashley,
hehehe, another anti-CT perhaps? ;)

imomsdaughter,
You are hillarious. I was in stiches. LOL. But I think you had a fair point of view...:)

halogamore,
Itulah pasal. I hate to judge without having the all facts laid down in front of me..

hot mama,
Well, I too was dissappointed that she chose Datuk K, an old married man. But as they say love comes in all shapes *rolling eyes*.

fairul,
Ther lure of fame & fortune isn't even enough for me to want to be in her shoes.

chibi,
CT suka misai dialah...LOL

ted,
Aku pun wish a lot of luck for them. lets see how they are at staying married pulak.

mommy at home,
You and my sister both. LOL. But if I'd learnt anything in my journalism class, it's a big local story should always come first than a huge catastrophe elsewhere. Sad news & happy news can't be on the same page because of its conflicting nature. besides, apparently here, CT's story is more newsworthy than a Tsunami in Indonesia. ;)

Alpha said...

Ermm...perhaps CT suka nyanyi kat dapur...that's why she got 'laki tua'..kakakaka. Anyway...Datuk K still looks good for a 47-y.o. I DO envy him.

p.s. Linda, still sore over that moron eh?

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

27-47
37-57
47-67
57-77

...Still OK what..? Apa yang ok..? ha ha..

Raf said...

i dun have a problem wif the marriage..just wondering how Siti gonna take care of Dato K's sons.

u guys seen the pics, rite??...huhuhu

LindaMunshi said...

alpha, sore doesn't even begin to describe the absolute hatred I have for that horrible woman who butchered my hair.

bp, my granpa was 70 when he wed my 19 year old step grandmom. They stayed married for the next 43 years.

raf, yup...I've seent he pics and judging by those pics...I think they can pretty well take care of themselves...or can they? Their boyslah...not much fuss to raising boys...unless they end up like Sultan's Pahang nephew...that's scary.