Thursday, January 05, 2006

Looking Forward to A Great Year Ahead



I spent New Year's Eve 2006 in Penang with my in-laws. 7 hours before countdown, Hubby decided to whisked us all off to his hometown for what was his idea of a vacation and dashed all hopes to watch the fireworks from the balcony of our home. After days of prepping my daughter up that she could look forward for some fireworks display, I was quite pissed with Hubby especially when Sarah kept asking me throughout the journey "Where's Api?"

Anyway, we reached Penang at 11pm...and although we didn't get to see any fireworks, I did manage to hear it from my in-laws place. But I consoled myself by eating heaps of fresh clams at FIL's restaurant. At the rate I was eating those clams...I'n surprised it hasn' t gone extincted.

Hubby felt bad becuase he couldn't take me along to Istanbul due to how far along pregnant I am. So since my parents are spending new year's day at Mount Jerai, he thought that it would be a great idea to tag along. I was quite sceptical at first considering the many stories that I've heard of people getting lost or abducted by the spirit world. I guess you could say that I'm quite suspicious after all...and the thought of spending a night at Mount Jerai kinda spooked me out. But Hubby seemed really genuined in wanting to give me some R&R, I didn't have the heart to object and went along (although I did sulked throughout the journey to Penang hehehe).

But I must admit. The view from Mount Jerai is truly breathtaking. We manage to get a 2 room chalet to share with my parents and with two 'babysitters' (namely Nana & Atuk)...I did get a lot of rest.

However, the Kedah govt should really do something about upgrading the resort. It's such a shame to watch the resort deteriorate. The chalets were like something you'd see in the 80s. I swear the lumpy bed must be at least 20 years old. And don't get me started about the 70s looking bathroom. There was a deer farm nearby...consisting of just ONE deer. Not what I'd imagine a farm ought to be. I'm just greatful that the awesome view fully compensated the many lackings of the resort.

The night time at Mount Jerai is so tranquil and serene it's short of amazing. It's so silent that I could practically hear my own heartbeat. I guess under other circumstances, I could have slept like a baby, but that damn lumpy bed kept me awake all night long.

Anyway, I must admit that despite my hessitation, I did have a nice, relaxing time. And I truly believe the year 2006 will be a good one for me considering that I started the year by being with the people I love in a nice calm surrounding. It's truly the best way to start out the year and am truly looking forward to a great year ahead.

1 comment:

rafiqaheliza said...

Hei you..happy new year!
Been reading your past few entries. How's Sarah?
Mount Jerai, aye?! I'll keep that in my list of where-I-want-to-go-for-a-short-break..