Friday, January 20, 2006

Memoirs of A Geisha


How time flies. It's been awhile since my last post, either my time management sucks or I just have too many things to do. Hmm, I kinda think it's more of the former rather than latter...hehehe.

Anyway, manage to watch Memoirs of A Geisha two nights ago. This must be said, the book was way, waayyy better. The movie failed to capture the essence or the spirit of the book. Sad to say, the movie does fall short to my expectations...but considering that it took me two days to finish the book, I guess it is difficult to fit everything in the span of just two hours.

I've always prided myself for being one of the first Malaysian to get hold of this book. I've always been an avid reader...so on one of my trips to the US back in '97, I came across this book and decided to get it. It was worth every penny spent. It was and will always be what I consider my bestest of best buys. The book was so intriguing...it was really difficult to put it down once I started reading. However, I managed to finish reading it in just under 2 days...I could've finish it in a day....but Magic Mountain beckoned me, so had to put the book on hold for a little sight seing. To date, I've lost count of how many times I've read and reread the book and each time reading it, it feels like the first time. I swear I'll never be bored of it. A book that has manage to tap into one's imagination beyond belief...a truly well done job by Arthur Golden, the author of Memoirs.

But I gotta give some credit to Rob Marshall...he did his best, it was a good try. But I'm now truly convinced, I'll choose a book over a movie anyday.

No comments: