Saturday, January 21, 2006

Water Baby



I am so proud of my little girl today. She really showed her stuff. Today, she has proven to everyone that she is truly daddy's little girl. My daughter has shown her potential of becoming an excellent swimmer by abandoning her donut float for arm floats and getting into the pool without even hesitating.

Sarah's little cousins came to visit us today. So we thought it'd be a good idea to take them all for a swim at our condo's pool. The boys (age 7 and 9) refused to get into the pool without their life vest and the little girl, Soefara (age 3 1/2) refused to get into the water altogether.

All this while, not trusting Sarah, both hubby and I insist that she uses her donut float if whe wants to go for a swim. But today, because of the terrible fuss her cousin Soefara was creating about getting into the water, little Sarah silently took her cousin arm float, put it on her self, went to the pool's stairs, called out for daddy to stand guard and leaped into the water. She was even so clever too keep her mouth shut tightly to avoid swallowing the pool's water and started paddling with her feet.

Hubby and I was so stunned by what she had done. It was truly a milestone for her. Sarah was so comfortable in the water, it was short of amazing. My daughter is actually learning how to swim on her own at the tender age of 2 and half. I'm just so proud of her. Sarah shows the potential to become the athelete that I never was...(unfortunately mommy is a couch potato, through and through...I firmly believe that perspiration is bad for me :P)

So now, I guess I must start coming to term that my sweet, sweet Sarah is actually growing up...how fast time flies....*sob sob*

2 comments:

rafiqaheliza said...

What a brave lil girl! Wish my son will be just like her. Now he is doing fine with the ring float. Why don't u enrol her in the swimming class?
On a different note, r u a stewardess before?

LindaMunshi said...

She's a bit too young for swimming class. They only take in children 4 years and above if I'm not mistaken and besides since her daddy's an org Pulau...I have a feeling that she'll learn thru her own natural instincts. Yes, I was a stewardess but it was eons ago before I got married.