Saturday, March 28, 2009

Falling Sick

I swear there must be an outbreak of tonsillitis and pharyngitis out there. Every other person from London to India to Abu Dhabi to Malaysia seems to have caught the bug. After my kids and friends caught it, I was sort of bracing myself for my turn to acquire that disease and today, sitting in front of my PC, shivering and feeling extremely fatigue, I have finally caught that darn bug that has been going around. It had decided to infect me just as I was starting to feel neglected and unwanted. :P
Fortunately I was well prepared. I woke up this morning with swollen tonsils and a burning throat. I had to quickly get ready to take Sarah to her classmates party but was already starting to feel quite fatigue (and I just woke up!) That very evening, I felt the fever kicking it and made hubby take me to the hospital where I was diagnose with acute tonsillitis and acute pharyngitis. The doctor said it was quite good that I manage to catch it early because judging by the looks of it, it has the potential to become pretty severe.
I don't like to fall sick especially since I have 3 little kids and a pretty large one depending on me to get things done around the house on top of having a lot to prepare for my trip back to Kuala Lumpur end of this week.
The one good thing about my illness right now is that I can't swallow! I do feel hungry but my throat hurts so bad that swallowing is seriously painful. Hope I'll get to shed a couple of kilos this week. ;)
Anyway, I'm really excited about going back end of this week so I'm not going to let some illness get in the way. I'm going to be strong and nurse myself back to health so I can prepare this delicate throat of mine for some heavy duty consumption of char koay teow and durian! Oh food glorious food! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kesiannya uols but unfortunately that's not the good way to lose weight lah kan BUT good thing you made this misery something good coming out of it!!!! :)

Hope you are feeling better soon..mak pun baru pulih dari batuk..tapi tak pulih sepenuhnya..batuk siket siket gittew

zaida Ismail said...

So sakit tak leh la balik KL ni???