Thursday, March 19, 2009

Having Hana

I'm now officially a mother of 3. Reading my old postings, I recalled swearing off childbirth after I had Mika but here I am 3 years later with another child and I've discovered that being a 3x mom isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Found out I was pregnant after hubby got the news of the job offer with Etihad Airways. We had initially decided that I would stay behind in Malaysia with the kids until after the baby was born but seeing that getting a place in a desirable school here in Abu Dhabi is rather difficult, we had to jump on the chance when Sarah got offered a placement in a school of my choice. So being 6 months pregnant at that time, the kids and I had to quickly pack up our stuff and make the move to Abu Dhabi and quickly started scouting for ob-gyns.
Looking for a suitable doctor here in Abu Dhabi was short of a nightmare. The first one looked like a painter and I'm not talking of the artist Da Vinci sort of variety. This one looked like she worked in a construction site with her dirty stained denim overalls. Yup, she wore denim overalls to work. So she got scratched off my list even before I saw her...I didn't even bother to give her a chance...first impressions does matter.
The second one was this old Iraqi man. He had a very thick accent that I couldn't make out whether he was speaking in English, Arabic or whatever language for that matter. I had to give 100% concentration when he spoke trying to look for clues or keywords to even attempt to guess what this man was saying. In addition to that, he was rough and had the largest pair of hands I've ever saw in my life! So that one is definitely out of my list.
I've almost given up when hubby decided to take me to this new hospital at the airport road. I felt certain that all the doctors here in Abu Dhabi was a lost case but went anyway since I was already 8 months and didn't have much of a choice. When I inquired at the reception of a female doctor, the one that was available could only be available 3 weeks later, Feeling seriously dejected, I asked the receptionist if there was any other doctors who was immediately available. She told me that they had 2 men doctor but one was away on leave so would I like to see the remaining doctor? What the heck...what do I have to lose? So I agreed and there was my chance encounter with Dr. Marwan Kamil.
So fate had stepped in and here I was with...lets just call him Dr. Hottie. ;) This doctor was a babe! Gosh , he is truly one very handsome man, not too old, perhaps in his late 30s or early 40s, quite the gentleman and was most impeccably dressed. In addition to that, when the man spoke, I could understand every single word he said. I am blessed!
We had build quite a good rapport between us and I was so comfortable with him that he even made the whole birthing experience quite pleasant! I had a normal vaginal delivery without any sort of medication!(Nevermind that the baby was overdue and I had begged to be induced to get me out of my misery..LOL :P) I was sober and alert throughout the whole thing and actually really listened to my body. I could even laugh and joke with the staffs and the doctor in between contractions and the pushing part.
The doctor also commented that I was a most cooperative patient, quiet, confident and very composed. He admitted that he was very impressed. What he didn't know that I had to force myself to maintain my composure because I didnt want to look like such a wimp in front of Doctor Handsome here. :P
Baby Hana (I wanted to name her Maya actually and had been calling her that until the 8th month of my pregnancy but due to some glich, she is now named Hana) was forced out into the world after being 8 days late on the 20th of December 2008 at 7.30pm weighing a hefty 3.6kg and measuring a good 50cm. Welcome little baby, I'm truly most happy to meet you! :D

6 comments:

zaida Ismail said...

Hemm... I miss your entry so mucha!!! Hey what happen la nak bagi nama Maya then terus tukar? When I read ur experience cam best je so at least it make me feel lega nak bersalin first time next month.

LindaMunshi said...

Hubby takut nanti besar esok dia jadi Maya Karin version Harum Sundal Malam :P

zaida Ismail said...

Haiyooohh horror!!!! Hehehehehe Tapi Hana pun sedap!

Anonymous said...

Linda,
It is always mind-boggling how you can make giving birth sound so easy! :-)
and we cant wait to meet little miss hana in april!

LindaMunshi said...

LOL. What can I say? Probably because I'm S&M..got very high tolerance for pain kot...:P Little Hana can't wait to meet you too! :)

KittyCat said...

Wow...your Dr. Handsome sounds great!

If I can find one here, I'd rather give birth in China than return to Malaysia and be separated from Hubby.

So...a handsome doc can really make all the pain go away huh? LOL

Congratulations on Baby Hana!!!