Friday, June 09, 2006

How To Make Chicken Curry Maisoh

I've no clue what to write about. So I've decided to do a how to piece. This is a recipe that I'd consider as one of my specialty. Well, it isn't really my recipe, it belongs to my mom but I still consider it as my specialty. Both hubby & Sarah just can't get enough of this dish. It's called Chicken curry Maisoh.

Since I'm the 'campak-campak' sort of cook, I won't waste time calculating the exact amount for each indgredient because I hentam everytime anyway :P Here are the indgredients needed for this dish.

Anyway, the indgredients are as below:

Chicken parts
Spices
Curry paste
Curry leaves
Finely sliced ginger and onion
Chopped garlic
Tomato sauce
Oyster sauce
Water
Oil
Salt to taste



First you heat some oil in wok.

Next, you stir fry the above spices till fragrant. Besides cinnamon and star anise, there's err...I've just realized I haven't the slightest clue what the rest is called in English so I'll use their Malay names instead. Bunga cengkih, buah pelaga, halba campur which contains mostly biji sawi, fenugreek, jintan putih and jintan manis. You could also use just biji sawi instead of halba campur.

Once spices are fragrant, add finely sliced onions.

Put in the curry leaves immediately after the onions and continue stir-frying till fragrant.

Throw in finely sliced ginger and chopped garlic and continue stir-frying till fragrant.

Add meat curry paste and continue stir-frying.

Add in the chicken parts and fry till the meat looks slightly cooked. Add water.

When the water has come to boil, add a little oyster sauce followed by some tomato sauce.

Let it simmer till the gravy slightly thickens then add salt. Continue to let it simmer till gravy thickens and chicken is cooked. How thick the gravy should be is totally up to you. My mom like it almost dry while I like a lot of gravy.

Voila, chicken curry maisoh is done and ready to be served. Yummy yum, yum...dig in.


Sorry, I've only managed to upload only 2 pics. Dunno what's wrong with Blogger.

1 comment:

IMMomsDaughter said...

I only wanna eat but lazy to cook..ha ha ha...invite me next time, ya?