Monday, June 26, 2006

My PD Excursion

After my last post, out of the blue hubby announced that the very next day he’ll be taking us for a quick a getaway. I know for a fact that he doesn’t read my blog, in fact he doesn’t read anything, period. So this piece of news was quite a pleasant surprise.

Initially he wanted to take us to some high ground vacation spot, but after being stuck day in day out in our 7th floor condo unit, the last place I wanted to be was some where high. Due to the time constraint, I suggested Port Dickson instead. So off we went to PD yesterday morning. The whole family was in high spirit even little baby Mika. Sarah even went “Yay! Sarah go holiday! Yay” and that was followed by “Apa itu holiday Mommy?” Lol.

Both hubby and I ware happy to note that PD isn’t what it used to be. It’s absolutely clean. Even the public beach is very clean. No litter whatsoever. The sands are actually beginning to turn powdery white again and the sea water isn’t murky anymore and is almost crystal clear. Good job MPPD! :)

At first hubby suggested that we all check into Avillion. But I balked at the idea because my lil’ sis Sherly had told me that the cheapest room was over RM500 a night. Remembering a good friend telling me her good experience at the Corus Hotel, we then decided to spend the night there. It was a good decision after all because for less than RM500, we got ourselves a night in the Junior Suite, room service, a seafood dinner at a nearby beach restaurant, buffet breakfast, McD’s and a load of junk food. Try to beat that Avillion. :P

The room's really nice. It has a king size bed, a gorgeous bathroom, a living room, a small courtyard terrace that exits to the beach & a magnificent view. The next morning, hubby took Sarah for a morning walk and Sarah got really excited when she spotted an owl. She was a tad upset that all the swallows were sort of disturbing the owl & made the owl fly away. Sarah was also delighted when she saw a little puffer fish at the edge of the water. Too bad hubby didn’t have the camera with him.

Throughout our stay, Sarah swam, swam and swam some more. She was very gung-ho about going down the pool slides. Although she bruised her cheek ( to my horror, my clever girl decided to slide down ala superman), that did not deter her from going down the slide again and again. I swear I had a mini heart attack every time she went down the slide. Hubby kept telling me to back off and stop smothering the girl. Makes me wonder, whylah my girl simply refuses to behave like a girl?

Overall, although short, it was great to be able to escape and recharge. Am definitely repeating that experience. Here are some pictures we took.


Wind in my eyes..err..it's more like hairs in my eyes


Seafood galore! I was so excited with the sight of our meal I forgot my initial plan to take a picture before we dug in. I remembered my plan halfway too late.

Who says lying down on isn't fun?


Showing her mummy what a good swimmer she is while hubby keeping an eye on the little show off.


Strike a pose...


Sarah & Mika. Posing everywhere like Japanese tourist.


Mummy, Sarah & Mika doing the dugong pose.

21 comments:

Suria Khamis said...

absolutely lovely!!

i seriously feel that your daughter's definitely turning into a super hero...

=)

Fairul said...

your PD getaway sound so much fun..:)
your girl really can pose..heheh ..

Egghead said...

PD is a really nice place to be... I even had my honeymoon there!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Hey Linda, your profile photo does not do your justicelah. You look lovely in the pix from your PD trip. Now I know where Sarah gets her looks from!!!

Glad to see all of you having a wonderful family time together. Always great to have a break once in a while.

Unknown said...

WHAT A sweet memories to remember.

Hey! i like the dugong pose hahaha

by the way, i've changed my blog address. pls take note.

Nana said...

and where exactly is this corus hotel? might want to take this up to hubby for a weekend getaway too. hehehe..

LindaMunshi said...

Suria,
Superhero? Lol. Well, it's nice to know that later in the future, she could have sumthin to fall back on if nothing else works out. Lol. Imagine all the $$$ shecould make from merchandising alone...:P

Fairul,
Yup, that girl loves to pose...at least gotlah a smudge of some girlish traits to her...better than nothing. ;)

egghead,
Yup, definitely nice. Not the dirty horror I imagined it to be...wished I'd known sooner. Btw, tx for droppin by..:)

elina,
Wah..tx for the compliment. I look like dugong also you say I look nice *blush blush*. Yup, great to relax & recharge...potty training, here I come. Lol.

Btw, Sarah looks like her daddylah :P

Halogamora,
Bila tukar? Patutlah just now I got a 'URL Not Found.' You also need a change of air ke? Go holidaylah...but PD got no nice nasi lemak so ur hubby might not enjoy. Lol.

Nana,
Senang cari...ada signboard at the intersection. But just in case, it's the same road as Avillion but a little further up. I bet Aliah would really enjoy herself. :)

Raf said...

from Phuket to PD...okla tuh ek? :)

i pon dgr PD now much better than before. dah bertahun tak gi.

so, back to writing la nih..hehe

btw...cute kids :)

Chibi Maruko said...

wah... chibi terpaku tenguk makanan yang sedap sedap atas meja tu.... bestnyaaaa.......

LindaMunshi said...

raf, hell no I'm not settling for PD. PD tu consider a quickie jek...I want a looooong holiday. Somewhere where the plane ride is at least a minimum of 2 hours.;)

alahai chibs, makanan di quebec pun apa kurangnya? boleh makan lobster tiap-tiap hari...yummy. sini lobster sejangkal dah RM70...apa kes tu? :(

Mister Ry said...

errr... lupa nak bagitau...
ekceli i yang bagitau hubby u, u punya blog ni...
tu yg dia bawak korang sumer gi bercut i kot... haha

Mister Ry said...

reply to this : http://www.faiyun.com/blog/2006/06/27/tiada-jawapan/#comment-323

>> lmokhtar,
abis kalau bertanya dgn org yg tak tau jalan..
ada kemungkinan sesat jugak, kan… hik hik…

Mister Ry said...

reply to this :
http://www.faiyun.com/blog/2006/06/26/mamai/#comment-322

>> lmokhtar,
err… ko jadik aku punya jurunikah boleh tak?
akakaka…

kaezrin said...

mcm best pulak the sounds of PD from ur blog entry..

and mummy look super duper gorgeous ok!

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

I like 'the dugong pose'... Sexy... ha ha ha...(pinjam gelak Sinaga)

LindaMunshi said...

Iwan, yelah tu..:P Tapi kan iwan, tak kisahlah sesat jalan atau tidak, yg penting inisiatif kita tu...apa org kata? Usaha tanda ejayaan? :D Eh, ko ni sekolah kat mana? Mana ko belajaq pompuan leh jadi juru nikah? Lol

Kaezrin, PD is suprisingly nice. :D Oh, mommy look like that due to camera fluke. Lol.

BP, you like dugong pose or you like dugong? Save the animals! Hehehe. Ada ke dugong sexy? Dugong tau not duyung :P

men said...

ah hah hah.....dugong pose is great lol

ah hah....cute, with ur baby mikka n sarah..eh heh....

hmm....ok. ill make it a point to go to PD as well :P

p/s: siapa kata dugong tak sexy? ah ha ha =P

Mister Ry said...

reply to this: http://www.faiyun.com/blog/2006/06/28/tengah-yang-besar/#comment-332

>> lmokhtar,
entah ek… naper arr?
sebab aku dah nak kawen kot…
ko jadik tok kadi boleh?

sherrina said...

PD is getting better, eh? I shall put that into my holiday list. Several years ago I used to stay in Glory. Not that fun. I'll try Corus but hey, they have MacD in Corus?

mom2ashley said...

it's a good break though avillion or not...i need more mini breaks!

AnnDee said...

im..

ewww... comei nya ur doter.. rasa nak geget jerk ekekeke..