Friday, June 09, 2006

Nasty Crew

After reading back my last entry, I thought urgh, how depressing. So no more depressing posts from for the time being, I've more exciting things to look forward to like Sarah's costume birthday party. But I'm not going into that today, I'm here to vent out my anger. Sheesh, first self-pity and now anger, hmm, seems like I've got a lot of negativity going around me right now. Must be the stress of planning a party.

Anyway, hubby got back from flight earlier. He came home fuming away. I've already put both kids for their evening naps so had some leisurely time to sprawl on the sofa and lend a listening ear for sweet, ole hubby. He needed to unload too.

So hubby told me that an incident occured on board. He had a big fight with a stewardess during his flight back. This is how it went.

It was time for his rest period and since there were plenty of vacant seats in the first class, hubby decided to head there for a little shut eye. Hubby had gone to the toilet before he went to his seat. When he was seated, the stewardess in-charge of first class came up to him and rudely said," Excuse me, next time please clean up the toilet after using it" and she turned away and headed back to the galley. Hubby was like, "What the???" And his blood began to boil so he walked to the galley to have a word with that nasty woman.

At the galley, hubby asked her, "What did you say to me just now?" She turned to him and rudely repeated what she had said earlier. Hubby then replied, "Cleaning toilets isn't my job, my job is to fly the aircraft. I thought it's your job to clean toilets." Defensively the nasty stewardess replied, "It's not my job either." Huh? Part of a cabin crew's duty is to ensure passengers' comfort and making an effort to keep the toilets clean is one way of ensuring passengers' comfort. Obviously crazy woman here wasn't paying attention when she was in training school.

It was inevitable that her last statement would be followed by an argument. Hubby asked the stewardess, "Why should I clean the toilets?" She replied, "As a common courtesy to us for choosing to rest in first class and I've already had to clean up the toilet 3 times before you went in."

Ok, hubby practically exploded, "Courtesy?!! Do you know I have every right to rest in first class?!! Do you want to know what courtesy is?! It's us allowing him (hubby pointed towards the Senior Chief Steward who was snoring himself deep into La La Land) to sleep in first class!" At that the stewardess just grew frustrated and screamed back, "Oh just shut up! Fine! Do whatever you want! And while you are at that, go flood the toilet will you!"

And at that, hubby turned to the flight steward who was just standing there gaping and said, "Go and call your Chief Stewardess." The steward who seemed intimidated replied, "...but she's resting." "Call her, NOW!" And the steward scurried away.

When the Chief Stewardess arrived and asked hubby what was the matter, hubby told her. "Your stewardess here interupted my rest period and is being extremely rude. She's being insubordinate." The Chief quickly tried to calm hubby down and told him to continue his rest since he is operating as Team A and must be really tired. Hubby just glared at the defiant stewardess, who by the way glared back. She had the cheek to mutter, " You weren't resting, I saw you playing a game on your PDA." Hubby just continued walking back to the cockpit. In the cockpit, he related this incident to the Captain. The other operating co-pilot got pissed off as well and went down to first class to tell the stewardess off. But when he came back, he said the stewardess has been sent off to work in economy istead. The stewardess never did appologize.

During my days, we had a fair share of rude stewardesses but never a case of insubordination especially when it concerns the technical crews. We've always stuck to the chain of command rule and according to that rule, hubby was second in command.

If I was there, I would have given that stewardess one, tight slap. Not only for the lack of respect she displayed but also for having the cheek to tell hubby to clean toilets. No one tells my man to clean toilets but me. Grr...

13 comments:

kaezrin said...

aiy9o..so rudenyer..

tp i pernah dgr jugak citer cam gini...

IMMomsDaughter said...

If I were your hubs, I would report her to the Human Resource & make sure she gets a show cause letter for insubordination. Heh heh...being my usual bitchy selflah ;)

Seriously though, sounds like she's related to the crew that I complained about in my earlier post!

Fairul said...

what a drama..that F/A is a real b*t*h..
b.t.w, flight from LHR ke?

LindaMunshi said...

Kaezrin, ala biasalah...kat mana-mana pun mesti ada sorang dua yg perangai mcm pompuan gila tu..:P

Elina, after hubby told me of that incident, my first thought was "geez, this girl must be related to the steward Elina were talkinh about.." Great minds do think alike! Lol!

Fairul, yup flight from LHR. So observantlah you...I got pretty pissed about the whole incident, I wrote all about it kat bod Aviation. Lol. Kecohlah kat MAS nanti. :D

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Another toilet story............

LindaMunshi said...

Yes BP, another toilet story...lol

Chibi Maruko said...

garangnya makcik pramugari tu....tengah PMS kot.. heheh

LindaMunshi said...

Chibs, pms amende? Lebih mcm menopause jek...:P

Unknown said...

perempuan tu bikin kiosk! didn't she realize that is her duty in the first place. she has cross the line. very rude!

she was lucky tht u wasn't there otherwise...x pasal dpt penampar free.

eh...once in a while cuddle with hubby bessstnye...release all the tense he he

Ari Miraj said...

padan muka! action tak pasal2. How did she got to work in the first class anyway? she should be in "no class" (thats when you give the stewardess a "YOU ARE FIRED!")

men said...

wow......i would avoid having any confrontation with ur hubby.....he's someone all right! :P

Suria Khamis said...

sapa stewardess yang bermasalah otak nih?

should have just kick her out of the plane whilst it was still airborne. would be great seeing a person drop from the sky... =P

Anonymous said...

I stumpled upon your blog as i surfed the net. At first, I thought you were a very kind and loving mummy to your kids..until i read this post "nasty crew".

From your post, it seems to me that your husband must have left the toilet in a not so clean state which has casued his fellow colleague - the stewardess to be upset with his bad toilet manners.

Any adult with a sound mind, be it a pilot or passenger should have the basic civic mind and courtesy to keep the toilet, any toilet for that matter in a clean and usable state after one has used it.

From what you have described in your post, being a man and a pilot, your husband did not display any respectable superior behaviour quality and he was not a gentleman the way he has spoken back to the stewardess. To me he acted like a child.

"Part of a cabin crew's duty is to ensure passengers' comfort and making an effort to keep the toilets clean is one way of ensuring passengers' comfort." Your husband was obviously not a passenger, but part of the aircraft team, one of the crews. Just that your husband's duty was different from the stewardess. It does not make him more important by flying a plane. I cannot imagine a plane without any steward/stewardess. Both of their salary come from the same source - the paying passengers.

I'm definitely not one of the crews or friend to the poor stewardess in your post. I just felt that your husband's behaviour was so immatured and he is not fit to be called a pilot.

Please let me know which unfortunate airline has hired him and I would like to stop contributing to his salary on my next flight.