Friday, November 25, 2005

24weeks and 5days pregnant. Another 107 days to go!


Another 2 more days and I'll reach my 25th weeks pregnancy mark. This feels like its taking forever but somehow, there is this sense of urgency rising in me. Can't quite figure out why. Maybe the nesting instinct or whatever it is that they call it is emerging...who knows? My body is exhausted by I just can't seem to make myself stop cleaning the house.

Hubby thinks I've gone bonkers. He woke up at 1 am to find me spring cleaning the house. Told him I was going to hit the sack early last night...but as I went to wash Sarah's bottle, I noticed that the hob was slightly greasy. What initially was just an attempt to make a quick wipe ended up with me completely dismantling the hob to clean it inside out.

After that I thought to myself," Since I already have the cloth in my hand, why don't I do a quick dusting around the house?" I turned the house topsy turvy, every nook and corner of the house wasn't shown any mercy. Well, it was actually more like severe wiping rather than light dusting, After dusting the house, it's only natural the sweep the floor of all dusty residue. Well, in my cleaning frenzy, not only did I sweep, I beat the carpets, mopped the floor, rearranged the furniture and other decorative trinkets, cleaned up the kitchen, got rid of all the unused or unusable items and cleaned out the fridge. And to think, I just spring cleaned the house 3 days ago. Yup...perhaps hubby's right. I am going nutty after all.

Little baby Mika (did I mention that that's what we are going to call the baby?) did a mini tsunami on my tummy this morning. It's kind of eerie watching my tummy move like that but endearing at the same time. I still haven't quite figured out his bedtime routines. When I was pregnant with Sarah, she'd usually do all her somersault during meal times, towards the evening and late at night. Mika however, tumbles about whenever his heart desires. I woke up at 8am today by a sharp kick at the right side of my abdomen. I guess all my cleaning frenzy has worked up his appetite and I guess he was demanding to be fed. He's still in my tummy yet he is already able to boss me about. Hmph.

Talking about being fed, it's already almost 1pm. Little princess needs to be fed right now otherwise all hell will break lose. See? It's hard being a stay at home mom. Not only do you work long hours...you've got multiple bosses that you are answerable to. Hubby boss, princess boss and the soon to be crowned prince boss...sigh...when will I ever be my own boss? Anyway, perhaps today I'll just make cream pasta for the little princess..oops, need to defrost the chicken now.

No comments: