Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mad about My Kid

It really pisses me off. Hubby and I was at the bank last Friday. We wanted to open an account for Sarah at that particular bank because they had Internet banking which would be convenient for us.

Anyway, when we got there and presented all the essential documents required to open an account, the officer handling us told us that our documents or to be more exact, Sarah's document were insufficient. I double checked...gave her hubby's My Kad, the electric bill and Sarah's My Kid. "What else do they want?" I wondered. The officer then pointed out that I had failed to produce Sarah's birth certificate. Huh? Hubby told her that he still can't see the problem because we had produce My Kid to her. Then she delivered the bomb, "We don't accept My Kid."

What the hell??? Hubby argued that My Kid was just as good if not better than a birth cert. The lady was all infuriatingly swet and polite but was still adamant about the acceptability of My Kid in her bank. She actually told hubby that he needs to go home and get the birth cert. She said without the birth cert..she is unable to obtain the birth cert number and all important particulars. Hubby stubbornly told her that all the information are contained inside the smart chip of My Kid. The lady just as stubbornly still insisted on a birth cert. Sigh...how infuriating.
There was nothing that we could do at that point...so I had to cajole Hubby to go home and just get the birth cert so we could all be over and done with it and proceed for lunch. So, we went home, got the birth cert, went thru the whole process of opening an account for a painstaking one hour. Such a hassle. Its a wonder how the both of us were able to contain out anger.
Funny thing was, when hubby gave his My Kad to her...she put the card in a particular machine to retrieve all information needed. Why she couldn't do the same for My Kid is just anyone's guess. Talk about sheer ignorance and stupidity.

I feel quite vindictive about the whole incident and plan to make a complaint. I just can't figure out who to complain to. I don't understand why that bank doesn't accept My Kid. Plenty of friends had assured me and even said that they had manage to open accounts for their children using My Kid. So why was this bank an exception? Why wasn' t these people informed about the widely usage of My Kid? Are they totally unaware about use of smart card these days? Whatever it is, by hook or by crook, I am determined to lodge a complain. Just got to figure out to whom.

No comments: