Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Broke


I am so broke. November isn't even done yet and I'm practically a pauper. I can't believe I've just spent an extremely obscene amount of money on beauty products. Never realized how pricey SKII products could be. I guess this is what they say about the price of vanity. I'm resigned to my fate of having to become a pauper this month.

I've been really self obsessed these days about my appearance. I guess all this while I've always taken for granted with the way I look. I just coudn't give a rat's ass. I've always considered that taking care of one's face is just too much hardwork...and perhaps because I was young back then and I could get away with anything, I just took beauty care for granted, believing that it will never fade.

I remembered coming back from LHR flight absolutely exhausted. Surviving with less than 5 hours of sleep due to partying throughout my 2 days stay in London proved to be too much. When I arrived home, I only just manage to bring up my bags into my room before I plopped on my bed and passed out for 16 straight hours without removing either my make up or my uniform. I guess that kind of neglect has finally caught on...and now that I'm older, I just can't get away with it anymore. My skin condition is just pitiful.

Why is vanity so important? Why is it so important to look good? I guess it all goes down to self confident..or the lack of it in this matter.

Lets hope that the money I spent on my new beauty product is worth every cent I parted with. I'm so tempted to withdraw the money I put in this month in my saving but that would be wrong. I may seem desperate...but I'm not that desperate yet. Hmm...maybe I'll ask my lil sis to repay me the RM500 she borrowed 2 month ago. I helped out of her mess that time, so its time for her to return the favor...hey, hey, I guess now I'm not so broke anymore after all. However, gotta be super sweet to hubby this month. Who knows he might be willing to shower this woman who has given him a daughter and now am bearing his unborn son a few more hundred of ringgit. It's not that I need the money for groceries or anything(hubby does all the grocery shopping, thank goodness)...just that I'm in the mood for shopping some more maternity clothes and don't have the dough for it. Guess I gotta work my charms on poor darling hubby now...sigh...

No comments: