Friday, December 30, 2005

Holiday Blues.


Whoa...it's been awhile since I last blogged. Been too preoccupied with shopping and stuff. Well, it is the year end sale after all and like everybody else, I'm just taking the opportunity to shop till I drop. Spending money has never been more fun than at this time around. God Bless Malaysia's Carnival Sale...may there be many more to come. Haha!

Hubby hasn't been too work for quite awhile now. He was on a 5 days standby and due to the company losing money big time...they dare not call him for flights because he has already busted his hours and if he does need to operate, the company has to pay him double of his usual rate. I guess the company rather spend their precious money on more beneficial stuff like investing it's million into 3 ugly paintings of lobsters and violin. Go figure.

Anyway, this is the longest so far that I've been spending time with Hubby and my little girl is getting more and more attached to him each day. She guards him 24/7 and makes sure to never let him stray from her sight. She even follows him to the loo to stand guard and make sure he doesn't slip away. Hehehe...heck, I'm not complaining. It's been awhile since I had so much free time in my hand..so I'm savouring every single free moments.

Hubby's roster just came in. He's got 2 London flights and a flight to Istanbul next year 9month of January that is). Thinking of following him considering that this would probably be the last in a long while that I'd be able to go on trips or anywhere for that matter. After the delivery of the new baby, I'd definitely be 'grounded' for at least a year. The thought of flying with 1 screaming baby and another screaming toddler isn't exactly my idea of a good flight. Hubby kept reassuring me that it'll be okay...it would be no problem to take two kids after my delivery to follow him on his flights. Told him that unless I could send one child into the cockpit for the pilots to babysit...no way is that gonna happen. I refuse to take charge of 2 screaming children in a claustrophobic area 37 000 feet above ground while my darling hubby hides away in the cockpit using 'work' as an excuse.

Anyway, hubby's scheduled to go to London on the 4th. Hubby suggested that I ought to follow him, but the dry cold weather in London is making me have second thoughts. So I figured, I'll go to Istanbul on the 13th instead. Called my aunt to book the tickets and although at that time I'm just 2 weeks away before I'm legally declared unfit to fly...my auntie sort of persuaded me to not go. She says as a ticketing officer, its her duty to advice me to not go because judging from my size...anyone who doesn't know any better would think I'm ready to pop anytime. Yup..I'm that huge. So she fears, I won't be let into the country by the Turkish authorities and be deported home like an illegal. Not a very appealing thought. So it's final...I'm stuck at home till this baby pops. Boo hoo. So back to online shopping for me. Checking out stuff at Mothercare for hubby to buy on his trip to London. Whoopee..my life's a ball *rolling eyes*

I need a vacation desperately. Maybe I could opt for Port Dickson instead...*sigh*

No comments: