Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Abuse by Maid

I've just received an e-mail containing a few pictures of a good friend's 3 year old niece after being 'bashed' by her maid of 1 and half years. According to my friend, when the mom came home, she saw her daughter just standing rigid at the door looking slightly confused and the maid was at another corner sobbing hysterically. The mother thought her daughter's face looked kind of amiss and when inspected and better lighting, she was shocked to find her daughter's face battered. The mother was panic stricken and questioned both daughter and maid. Both said it was an accident. The maid lost her temper and accidentally hit the little girl a little harder than expected. The daughter on the other hand assured her mother that everything's okay because the maid had apologized.

the child's eyes looked as if it had been punched. It was completely black and blue by the next day.


The father who had heard all the commotion while unloading the groceries abruptly stopped what he was doing and rushed into the house. When he saw what had happened to his daughter's face, he became enraged and gave the maid a genuine kungfu flying kick. He beat the crap out of the already terrified maid.

Apparently the little girl was behaving badly and the maid simply lost her cool (According to my friend the child is a little on the naughty side). She slapped the child 3 times but somehow, it was harder than she had anticipated. After her fit of rage, she was horrified to see what she had done and burst into tears.

according to the doctor, there was a little bleeding inside the child's eyes.


After the household calmed down and after careful deliberations, both party have decided that it would be better for the maid to return to her country. The family will not be pressing charges and considering that the child has always been quite attached to the maid, this would be for the best.

Hmm, I don't know. I admit that Sarah is quite the handful and most of the time drives me completely up the wall. She has had her share of beatings from me, but still, who in their right mind would afflict a child in such a way? Anyone sane would have enough common sense even in the fit of anger to spank a child where it would hurt less like the buttocks or the thighs which are fleshier, but the face? The maid should have just locked the child in a room. It would have been better for both of them. Now the maid will lose her job and the child will lose the guardian she has come to love.

When I hear of incidents such as this, I remind myself to be grateful and thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home to rear my young ensuring that they'll be out of harm's way. I should stop brooding about the career I might have had because at the end of the day, it's your family that you need the most.

18 comments:

men said...

sarah's mummy? or lindamushi....

tak tau nk panggil per :P

thanks for linkin....

"abuse by maid" huh?

he he....thank god my mum's a full-fledged housewife :P

p/s: sarah's mummy pun in Forum Cari ker? nmpk kat blogroll tu byk Cari Forummer's Blogs jer :P

Anonymous said...

suddenly, i'm thinking of nirmala bonat.... hehe..

Nana said...

aiyaa!!!

now u've REALLY make me wish I'm a SAHM.

LindaMunshi said...

nash, lindamunshi is sarah's mummy. haha! yup, from CARI but you'll never guess who I am. ;) tx 4 droppin by.

iwan, why nirmala bonat? ini the child kena abuse not the maid (if you don't count the flying kicklah)

nana, judging from ur luck with ur previous maid, i bet you'll be welcoming another guardian angel into ur family. :)

Mumsgather said...

Oh No! Thats awful. Thats why I am a SAHM. Little children are tiring beings and can easily make someone lose control especially if that someone is not the parent, has tons of other things to do and is under the stress of feeling homesick etc.

IMMomsDaughter said...

I must admit at times, the kids really make me blow my top but somehow, never to that extend yet. Whatlah with me having such a bad temper, cannot even do such cruel thing....how could the maid do that? But then again, maybe coz she's not her child :( Once more, one up for SAHM

men said...

he he....ill found out sooner or later :P

eyp, am i missing something? what does SAHM means?

any chance, housewife, and homemaker in the acronym ? :P

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Thx for visiting my blog.. ur blog cool..

psst...my blog can be best viewed using Internet Explorer 4.0, or higher or Mozilla Firefox (1024 x 768)..(kalau tak, tu yg lari 'alignment' tu...)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god...

Anonymous said...

alahai siannyer

Anonymous said...

hai linda...
blog anda akan dimasukkan ke sesi tayangan umum yg kedua!tah-ni-ah!

thread akan dibuka puku 2 petang ini...
happy receiving visitors..(pst.:you,however,dont have to prepare any kueh mueh..huhuhu)

regards,
foren.

kaezrin said...

OMG..

nih yg buat i rasa risau nak amik maid..

yelah mcm u cakap
efi pun most of the diriving me up to the walls and have fair share sof me pinching his lengan or thigh..geam jugak but nauzubillah nak buat anak cam gini...

pity lil girl

Anonymous said...

Might be the maid was in stressed, tensioned..pity for the kid and the maid, and parents too..

saje dtg melawat...:)

men said...

congrats :P

harap2 mng ler ....eh heh :P

LindaMunshi said...

MG, sometimes my kids just drives me bonkers & makes me explode, but they're my kids and I'd only go so far...I shiver at the thought of an outsider being in my shoes, who'd know how they'd react.

Elina, I'm thankful that I'm able to be a SAHM, however being taken fro granted by my family drives me bonkers sometimes.

Nash,
SAHM - STAY AT HOME MOM ;). Tak pasang angan-angan pun nak menang...just happy to be in the game :D

Blackpurple,
Tx for dropping by...ur blog is much, much cooler. Btw, ur allignment dah tak lari dah...tak adjust pun apa-apa. How come eh?

The Angel,
Terrible ain't it?

Neezie,
Kesian kan? Budak kecik pun leh kena belasah.

Thanks Forensics! :D

Kaezrin,
If you have a maid, just remember not to be complacent with them otherwise they might start slacking and who know what may happen...

Indica,
Memang probably stress and tension lah kot...but still? Thanks 4 droppin by! :D

men said...

ohhhhh.......that's what it means huh ;)

he he.......

sherrina said...

it surely hard to slap on the eyes rather than on the face.

Maid abuser, remind me of my own childhood memory. We had a fair share. The maid abused me when I was small and naive by making blue black marks on my body and keep me in the store until my parents returned home (I was found happily sitting on the tong beras in the dark waiting for someone to open the door). The maid ran away.

When I grew up (kindy age, I think), I learnt how to abuse the maid (different maid). But this time, it's the maid that ran away (victim instead of abuser?) and here I am still in the same house with the same tong beras....what a live :p

Mommy at Home said...

OMG!!

the poor child! I had tears in my eyes looking at her photos.

Makes me so thankful I'm a SAHM! Tu lah, everytime my baby won't settle during the nite (suffering from colic probably) I always tell hubby (in between taking turns in rocking baby to sleep) kalau maid ntah2 dah pukul the baby or just throw her on the bed.

I may sound paranoid but I've been hearing stories about maids abusing children one too many