Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mika


Despite the permanent frown etched on his face, I find my baby boy absolutely beautiful. He may be slightly colicky, okay, who am I kidding, A LOT colicky, he is just simply irresistable. All I want to do is stare at his face for hours or just hold him in my arms all the time (which isn't such a good idea, due to his weight, I'm already suffering from serious backache). Did I feel this way about Sarah?

It's really weird, don't get me wrong I'm crazy about Sarah especially when she makes me laugh. But, I'm heads over heels about my boy. I love them both equally, yet the feeling for each child is different. Hmm, I really don't know how to explain it so I guess one has to be in my shoes to have the faintest idea of what I mean.

Although he sleeps a lot, the poor boy is suffering from colic. Anyway, with a baby this adorable, I have a feeling that my plans to return back to the workforce will once again be postponed or worse, thrown down the drain. How can I leave him? I could always express milk, but it would never be the same as direct feeding him. I've seen all the benefit of breastfeeding with Sarah and I think its unfair if I deprive my son from the goodness that his sister has had. Seems its SAHM for me all the way now.


Mika hardly smiles, but when he does, it is truly precious. Everyone keeps complaining that my son is one sour puss but when I'm alone with him, he does smile and coos and gurgles at me. I melt when he does this.One morning he woke for a nappy change and his 'fix'. After both were done, I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep when all of a sudden he started trying to communicate with me. It was really a endearing moment, so although I was exhausted, I gathered all my strength just to play coo and gurgle with him at 5am. So, so cute. Him I mean, not me. Nothing cute about an almost comatose looking woman.

Sarah rolled over when she was 2 and a half month and during her attempts she would always cry in frustration. Mika seems to be trying, but getting no where and looks like he couldn't be bothered by it either. Hehe...my son's one cool dude. Either that, or he is saving all his crying fits for his colicky periods. Sigh...they say colic will dissappear at 3 or 4 month. I can't wait for that to happen. The lack of sleep has started making turn to food instead, I guess since I 'm not getting sufficient amount of sleep, I'm relying on sugar to keep me going. Feels like I'm gaining the weight I've lost during confinement which would mean I'm back to square one. Haiyaa...that's RM1700 down the drains. Hired expensive confinement lady for nothing.

Anyway, I can't believe he's already 2 month old. Seems like it was only yesterday that he was travelling down my birth canals. *Ouch* Haha!

2 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

We mommies have no choice but have to endure the first 3 months of hardship due to the collicky period. Its normally over by the 4th month.

Just to share, there was one time my dd only slept at 6am due to colic. I grabbed an hour's sleep until 7 am then, I had to wake up for work. That was my record :)

LindaMunshi said...

1 hour of sleep! If I had to function on 1 hour of sleep, a lot of people might end up dead. Dunno how u did it. I'm amazed!