Wednesday, May 24, 2006

BKI with Love.


Kota Kinabalu or BKI, will always hold a special place in my heart. I've so many happy memories there. It's where I started my life. I was posted there to operate both the 737 & Fokker routes throughout Sabah and Sarawak.


I remember going to BKI with only RM400 in my hand but full of anticipation and excitement. Even then, I knew it was going to be a life changing experience. And it was. BKI had made me who I am today. I'm positive, if I didn't go to BKI, today I'd be today's average superficial and supercilious person. In BKI, I learned that it's not what you wear or what you do that counts. It's who you are is what really matters. And I hold that with me till today.

During my stay in BKI, I had made some life long friends, had the best conversation of my life, learned to connect with people, learned about life, gained wonderful experiences and met my true love. It was so laid back there, there was no feeling of urgency whatsoever. The sky was always blue. The people always friendly. The scenery always beautiful. The day stretched forever. It felt like being in a dream.


If I could go back to one point in time to relive my life, I'd chose to start again from the time I was in BKI. It was where I felt truly free. It was where this once child woman actually became a full fledged grown up. KK, you have my everlasting love. You'll always be my home away from home.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

fall in love with KK. blh suruh datuk YM buat filem hehehehe.

i heard tht sabah is a nice place to be. wish i'll be there one day.

LindaMunshi said...

halogamora,
fall in love dgn KK bukan dgn datok K ye...takut org misinterpret kang nanti :P. U should go since your the sporty sort. Boleh panjat gunung, boleh pi white water rafting, boleh pi snorkeling...mcm-mcm aktiviti kat sana. It's absolutely beautiful there.

Anonymous said...

BKI tu stand for what? code yang digunakan oleh MAS ker? Erk...u nie ex MAS ker? maklum la, baru kenal blog nie.

Suria Khamis said...

OMG! those pics masa belum zaman globalisation is it? LOL... anyways, it's always good to get out of this dreading city kan...

think i might become a pirate... =)

LindaMunshi said...

dobot, bki tu code untuk kota kinabalu. once upon a time dulu I mmg attach to MAS. ur kura-kura ok tak living dlm bekas rak buku tu? lol.

suria, a friend sent me those pics. when I look back at those pictures, made me realize how young I was back then. Gosh, these days the only people I know who wears dungarees are my children.lol. Talk about fashion faux pas. :P

Nak jadi pirate? Bukan memang pun ke? lol.

Unknown said...

thx dobot for asking the same q..what BKI ??sounds u had a wonderful kenangan there...!!!

LHS said...

Ya, KK is a beauty place and people there are more friendly than people in KL.

Great to hear you found your true love over there.

LindaMunshi said...

azahar, BKI:KK, KUL:KUL LHR:LON hehehe...call it a job hazard if you may. lol. Yup, definitely wonderful.

hui sia, the people are definitely friendlier. Even the illegal philipinos are friendlier than the illegal indons & banglas here. lol. I remember I used to supply nasi lemak for 2 whole week to 2 philipine construction workers so they would let us sneak into the then uncompleted sutera harbour to do some fishing. lol.

Fairul said...

wish i've known u earlier sarah's mummy, so i can ask u a big favour to grab those F50 safety cards which is still missing from my collection. :)
BKI is a nice place, not to mention the sunset!

Nana said...

ur love for BKI is the same as how i feel about BTU. i wonder if it still is the same now after so many years.