Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Poem for Momma On Mother's Day


A poem just for my momma, specially created by me.

I sought for thoughts and memories
To describe exactly what you mean to me
For all you’ve done throughout the years
Mama, you are the person I hold so dear

You were my rock
When I should have been yours
Those confused years I created havoc
With me, you were patient and showed no remorse

And during those hard times you came out strong
Raising us kids all on your own
You were determined for success to take us along
Sacrificing all that you had with not even a groan

Always there in every time of need
With snacks and hugs both ready
Devoting so much for your kids
You were always so nurturing and steady

Your aim was always our happiness
Though some might have called it insane
You gave out everything in your purse
So all our dreams could be attained

As I matured, I have realized
That my girlish ways must come to an end
And as I reached towards womanhood
You became my confidant, my closest friend

You have sacrificed so much for us
Finding joy in all your children
Mama, you are an example to all of us
That a person can succeed regardless of the challenge

When life hands us something out of bound
Or situations are imprecise
It's nice to know that you're around
Always there with sound advice.

Though my love for you is so much more
Than a silly poem such as this
Know that my affections can be easily drawn
For you, in a simple gesture which is “Kiss Kiss”

So as I grow, and go through life
Always hold this bond with care
And Mama, if you ever need me in times of rife
Just know that I’m always, always there.

Happy Mother’s Day Mama

With Loads Of Love.

1 comment:

IMMomsDaughter said...

Clap clap clap....so very creative...ur mom must be proud :)