Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day Mom!



During my childhood days, I still remember how big a deal mother's day was in my household. Before the days we could actually afford to buy those 'Super Mom' mugs and Memory Lane cards, my late father would encourage us to make our own present for my mother. We'd save those few cents we had from our allowances to buy manila cards, paper grams and colour papers to make our own cards. As usual, it would usually be those cliche' giant heart card.

When I was a bit older, on one Mother's Day, my siblings and I planned to make my mom something really special. We thought of making her breakfast. I was to cook breakfast, my brother had to bake a cake and lil' sis..well, she was always the one with plenty of dough, so she gets to provide the $$$, made the card and set the table. The fried rice was burnt and since my smart brother decided to put milo into the cake and made milo icing so the cake turned out too sweet for anyone's liking. Lil' sis was the only one who got everything right (yup, and that later turned into her bad habit.) However, my mom claims to have loved it all and we were later rewarded with a trip to Shakey's Pizza for lunch at my dad's expense. Yay!

Mother's Day was very special indeed those days. I guess my dad had a lot to do with it. He's good in creating a buzz within our household so we the children would look forward to that day in order to do something special for mom.

These days, I'll just get her a present and come visit her on Mother's Day. I wonder where all the excitement of those days went? I really should do more for mom on Mother's Day. Celebrate the most wonderful woman in my life as if its our last. For all that my mom's done and all that she's been through, she really does deserve to celebrate Mother's Day with a big bang. Here's to the most greatest, bravest and wisest woman I've ever known, Happy Mother's Day Momma!!!

Wishing Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms out there. Whoopi! It's my 3rd mother's day celebration as a mom!

3 comments:

sherrina said...

this year baru first time bagi my mom hadiah sempena Mother's Day. payah juga nak cari hadiah yg sesuai :)

LindaMunshi said...

Sherrina,

You can say that again. Tahun, malas sgt nak pikir, just got my mom buku resipi satu. Tx 4 dropping bye.

Fairul said...

luckily this yr i was in town.so i can celebrate mothers day with my mum.hehe.she must be delighted, at least one of her anak is here with her to celebrate it..hehe.
by the way, Happy mothers day to u too :)