Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day wish.


Mother's Day has come and gone. As I've mentioned, this is my third year celebrating Mother's Day as a mother. It was spent like any other day. No prezzies for me this year simply because, I didn't ask for one. Hubby really needs to be more spontaneous...seriously. Anyway, he was appologetic (not appologetic enought in my books but wasn't in the mood to pick a fight so count himself lucky). Told him to just bring it forward to my birthday next month and get me a BIG present. I have one particular COACH handbag in mind...must remember to 'casually' show him this photo of the bag...hehehe.

Well, despite the lack of prezzies, I recieved a lot of Mother's Day wishes from friends and family. Most sent me the one liner "Happy Mother's Day" wish but a few sent me flowery hallmark (and not so hallmark wishes.) Here are among the more creative and memorable ones that I recieved.

"Mom is God's love in action. She looks with her heart and feels with her eyes. Mom is the cement that keeps her family together & her love lasts forever. Happy Mom's Day!"
What can I say but awww....

"How would you describe a mother? Mother's Day brings back memories of maternal advice and admonition. Congratulations. Happy Mother's Day to You!"
Couldn't agree more.:)

"Motherhood is tough 24 hour job. No pay. No day off. At times unappreciated and yet resignation is impossible. Hello good mom. Happy Mother's Day!"
You can say that again...

"A mother my hope that her daughter will get a better husband than she did. But she knows her son will NEVER get a wife as good as his father did. A salute to all mothers. Happy Mother's Day"
Haha! Hear hear...

"You all mothers, I pity you guys. That's why I'm not married just yet. I don't wanna say I told you so. What?!! I'm a mother too?!! Geez, I guess I'm having my amnesia attack again. Part and parcel of being a mom. Well, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!"
I thought this one was just plain weird.

And my favourite...
"Here's a big hug and a sweet kiss to a pretty mom. A very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY from another pretty mom!"

Whatever will they think up next? :D

6 comments:

rafiqaheliza said...

I pun tak dapat apa2 daripada hubby. But just like u, I'm hinting him to give me somethg bigger (in value..hehe) on my birthday in June...
Happy Mother's Day, dearie!
And Happy Bday to your lil Sarah!

kaezrin said...

i baru khatam baca ur blog from start till today's entry..jump from hotmama;s blog..

happy mother sday..and happy 3rd birthday to sarah!

Mumsgather said...

Hi! First time visiting your blog only to discover you also belong to the unspontaneous hubby club and my birthday's in June too!

Ted said...

helo there...nice page huh!erm..nak wish happy mothers day to you!

LindaMunshi said...

Rafiqah, nampaknya we're both June babies!Somehow I'm not surprise. :)

kaezrin, thank you for the wishes. I've still a loooong way to go nak khatam ur blog. Dang, i should've taken up speed reading.

mumsgather, thanks 4 dropping by my humble blog. I've been a fan of urs for awhile now, in fact its what inspired me to start blogging. Speaking of unspontaneous hubby club, the question is who isn't member? lol.

thank u ted n thanx 4 dropping by. :D

LHS said...

Agree! No pay & no day off!! But it's great to be a mother!