Friday, May 05, 2006

Little Naughty Sarah


I don't know if it's due to the presence of a competitor or it's just children at that age but lately I've been seing two sides to Sarah, one is Precious Princess and the other is Little Naughty Sarah. When I stayed over at my mom's for the last 3 weeks, I found that no one could keep up with my little 3 year old. I think after breaking countless of porcelain figurines, cds, cracking a glass table top and one chair belonging to the dining table not forgetting destroying one good bobbi brown bronzer, brushes, applicators and a couple of lipsticks, I swear I heard the sigh of relief from my mom's household as we were leaving for home.

Little Naughty Sarah is full of mischief. She'd wake the baby from his sleep, pinch the baby's ears, mess up the playroom, thrash the bedroom, scare the life out of me by climbing and jumping off the cabinets and couch's hand rest, destroying all my treasured books, drowning my plants with water, scribbling on the walls, taking everything out of the fridge like margerines and eggs and putting her toys instead and the list goes on and on and on. I think my lungs has expended due to all the screaming that I've done lately.

However, when I fly into a rage over her antics, she knows to quickly behave otherwise a spanking might come her way. It's when daddy's around that gets to me, she knows with daddy around, she can get away with murder. Aaargh, I hate it that hubby undermines me. He thinks I'm too fierce but doesn't he realize that I'm the one who is with her 24/7? That is one mischievious child I have there. Certainly doesn't take after me...I was an angel when I was little so it must be him. He too was a first child too so it's definitely him.

But then when hubby cannot tahan anymore with her behavior, he screams for me and then I come along, scold my little girl, she starts bawling, comes in hubby to console her. I end up looking like the bad guy yet again.

When I think Sarah isn't so fond of me anymore due to her perpetually getting scoldings and spanking from me, something happens like she falls or gets a cut and who does she call for under these circumstances? Me. Her mommy. And all's well again between us. Here I have my precious princess, my sweet baby girl in my arms that is till little naughty Sarah decides to emerge again. It's a vicious cycle. Haha!

Perhaps it is the mother daughter thing. When I was younger, I couldn't stand my mom. Both of us had this tendency of annoying each other. Today, I wouldn't know what I'd do without my mom. I'm just waiting for Sarah to outgrow this particular phase of hers. If this is what it's like during her terrible toddler stage. I dread for what is in store for me when she goes thru her adolescent stage.

No comments: