Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What Sarah Wants to Be



Been rather busy lately planning Sarah's upcoming birthday party...or rather, upcoming belated birthday party. The poor thing has to wait almost a whole month to celebrate her birthday. Poor dear. Well, we couldn't help it...hubby's roster just did not permit it. Now, since it's a costume party, there's this question of what the birthday girl should wear. The reason I came up with this whole costume party idea was so I could dress her up as an elaborate fairy tale princess. I mean that's the fun part of having a girl right? You get to dress her up. But noooo...my stubborn gal has ideas of her own.

I told her that on the day of her party, she gets to dress up as a beautiful princess. Sarah thought for a while and told me,

Sarah : Nanak princess mummy.(No princess mummy)
Me : Huh?
Sarah : Sarah nanak be princess. Sarah nak Sosoman.(Sarah does not want to be princess, sarah wants superman.)


What the...? I kept insisting that she becomes something more feminine, but my adamant daughter refused to budge. *Sigh* So Superman it is.

A week later, she came up to me and told me,

Sarah : Mummy, Sarah nanak sosoman. (Mummy, Sarah doesn't want superman.)
Me : If Sarah nanak Superman, Sarah be pretty princess lah. (Hoping...hoping for her to say yes)
Sarah : No.
Me : Darn it.( muttering under my breath)
Sarah : No princess mummy. Sarah nanak princess, Sarah nanak sosoman.
Me : Habis tu?(Then what?)
Sarah : Sarah nak coyboy.(cowboy)
Me : Hmmm...ok Sarah. *sigh*


So a few days after that, I went to a costume website to show her what her costume might look like. She was really excited about being a cowboy until she saw a Darth Vader costume.

Sarah : Mummy, Sarah wants this! (Sarah said pointing at the costume.)

At this point, I really started wondering...did I really give birth to a girl? Lol.

Me : Sarah, this is for boys, you are a girl. Sarah be princess lah. (Small try from me.)
Sarah : NO! Sarah nak be ghost! (Pointing to Darth Vader.)


So Darth Vader she shall be. *sigh*

3 days ago, Sarah ran up to me.

Sarah : Mummy! Mummy! Sarah nak be snowman. Sarah wear hat. Sarah wear neck (I presume she means scarf), Sarah wear nose (carrot perhaps?)

Make up your mindlah little girl...

Me : "Okay..." (I answered defeatedly.)


Hubby arrived from Paris this morning. I told him that we've got to start looking for a snowman costume.

Hubby : I thought she was going to be a princess?
Me : Nope. At first she wants to be Superman, then she wanted to be a cowboy, after that Darth Vader, now she wants to be a snowman.
Hubby : No princess huh? (Hubby smirked at me.)


Then hubby had an idea. He told me that he saw this most adorable Red Indian Girl costume at Mothercare in London and since he'll be going next week, mybe he ought to get that. And it only cost 10pounds where else costumes here are anything around RM100 to RM200. "It's not too girly, she'll love it!" Hubby exclaimed.

Hubby then broke the news to Sarah.

Hubby : Sarah, for your party, Daddy will get you a Red Indian costume. You can be a little red indian with a bright feather in your hair! Owoowoowoo!
Sarah : Hmmm.....Nanak red indian. Sarah nak pieyette. Sarah nak Capstan Fewwosod!(Sarah wants Captain Feathersword of the Wiggles.)


Oh boy...here we go again.

6 comments:

Suria Khamis said...

hahahahahaha!!!!!

your daughter is just so cute!

i seriously would go for that darth vader look. it's about looking mysterious lah. you nih, tak faham your daughter's wants lah...

hahahaha!

can i still come as teamo supremo?

drat, now i will have to fork out extra for lil sarah... =P

hahahaha!

kaezrin said...

oh so cute...captain featherswood tuh must be great..kekekeke

but sure u pening kepala skrg erkk..kekekekkeke

stay calm darling... and give one big kiss to sarah and mika k...

Fairul said...

heheh..so cute
nasib baik sarah tak nak jadi spiderman.. :P

Anonymous said...

I've got a spiderman and batman costume at home if u want! (No prizes for who those costumes belong to!)heheheheh

IMMomsDaughter said...

Ha ha so cutelah her indecisiveness. I agree with you about the perks of dressing up a little girl...currently mine starting to choose own dress oledi.

Maybe you can buy a few costumes (if they do not cost too much $$$) & let her choose. Leftovers can borrow to her guests for the party.

sherrina said...

nnt amik gambar Sarah in her costume :)