Thursday, May 04, 2006

Home Sweet Home


I'm back from sabbatical. I was heading towards looney ville when my momma the hero sensed my distress and ordered me to finish off my confinement at her place which was what I should've done in the first place. Yup, I was one of those unfortunate people whom had to endure post natal blues or whatever it is that they call it. Hubby snapped at me one time and combining that with exhaustion, a colicky baby, a mischievious daughter, a messy house, a sore nipple, milk blisters and block milk ducts ignited a major crying fit that lasted one and a half day thus, my being banished to my mom's place where I spent 3 blissful weeks.

3 weeks was good come to think of it. My mom was actually retraining and preparing me on how to manage my days with two kids. Started out with her doing everything and towards the end, I find myself single handedly able to bath the kids, help my mom with the chores and brush up on my culinary skills.

Now that I'm back, everything seems to be so far so good. I'm a bit tired cleaning a house which was left unattended to for 3 whole weeks and basically establish my new household routine while doing hubby's massive laundry . The poor dear doesn't even have a single piece of boxer left and had no choice but to where a sarong. He looked like some character out of Lat's Kampung Boy cartoon haha! Thank goodness for my beloved dryer which I've missed the most, wash and dry clothes in a jiffy!

Despite the tiredness and multi tasking of chores and duties (not to mention the scary task of opening and reading my 200 emails which I'm yet to do), I must say that it's good to finally be home.

No comments: